Can non-sailing guests board ship for on-board reception?

I have just found out that two of my wedding guests will be staying on Grand Turk for a week, thus giving them a chance to attend my wedding ceremony whick will take place on said island.

Does anyone know if these particular guests will be able to board the ship for the reception and leave before debarkation from the island? Or will they just be able to attend the ceremony? :confused:

Sometimes it depends on a number of factors (the cruise line, local government, etc.) and it might be best to contact the Wedding Department for that kind of information.

There was a bride not too long ago that got permission for a small number of non-sailing guests to board for a wedding in Key West and I thought there was an island bride who got similar permission. I'd link to those threads, but the search function is still down.

Definitely check with the cruise line. The answer will differ from port to port and ship to ship. Even if it's allowed, you will need to make arrangements with the ship in advance, and know that rules can change for lots of reasons.

I was married in Key West and had several guests who wanted to fly down and board just for the wedding. At first, we were told no because TSA/Customs rules prohibited it. Then, the rules changed and were told up to 10 guests with pre-approval and only if they were US citizens. But they were very clear that the rules could change again at any time. In the end, our guests decided to sail with us -- so it worked out for everyone.

Thank you for your helpful responses Carnival_Brides and dcdiva. I have followed your advice and called the wedding department.

My guests will be able to board the ship for the reception at Grand Turk. According to the wedding department, the only ports in which non-sailing guests can not board the ship are in the ports of Grand Cayman and Half Moon Cay, as these are tender ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app