Carnival to the rescue...

Davey Wavey

My original posts.

Short version:

I had to return a wedding band purchased in the Fun Shop to Carnival's jewelry partner, Starboard Cruise Services (SCS). SCS said they never received it after telling me twice that had. They even told me they had issued a credit card refund which never appeared.

I was walking through a consumer protection fair. I just so happen to notice a booth for the US Postal Inspection Service and talked to the inspector. I relayed all the information and pointed out how the postal service tracking website said the package had been delivered with signature confirmation but the company said it hadn't. She enthusiastically took all the information.

To my surprise, two days later CARNIVAL issued a credit to my card for the totally different S&S charge for that cruise and then a check came for the remainder of the jewelry return amount. So, Carnival came through for their vendor but I still don't like that it seems that SCS just stole a few thousand dollars of stuff and got away with it. And I especially don't like that it took almost 4 months to get it resolved. I guess I should have just waited out that 4 months for the ring to get sized after all.