Pacific pearl ,production shows ?

I can't answer if the shows have changed or not. But the reason production shows on cruise ships run for several years is because the costs involved in setting them up, getting music rights (or original music composed), etc, is phenomenal.

If they ditched shows and got new ones every 12 months, they would need to recover those costs somehow - more expensive fares, or more expensive drinks, or cover charges to view the shows, for example. I imagine any of those options would generate a lot of complaints and/or lose them business. By having a show run for longer (I've heard the usual lifespan is around three years), they can spread the cost over that time. That's also why they will run the same show on more than one ship.

ETA: this affects all cruise lines, not just P&O.

Edited by AKAMum
ETA

Not sure about the Pearl but the Jewel just got two new shows - "life as we know it" and "Disconnected". Did you the show "Please don't stop the music" when you were onboard the Pearl? It's my favourite show.

Not sure about the Pearl but the Jewel just got two new shows - "life as we know it" and "Disconnected". Did you the show "Please don't stop the music" when you were onboard the Pearl? It's my favourite show.

Hi Brossy,

Cannot remember the show titles. The reason for my question was that we got a great deal offer to go on the Pearl again in a couple of months time. We know the ship and that it is only 3 star ,but enjoy the shows.