Next Cruise Certificate Dollars Or British Pound

MAJ

I always get my certificate in UK pounds and book direct with Royal

Will be cruising in April and hoping to cruise again in November but thought I would like to try booking my November cruise with a US travel agent

Can I buy my certificate while on board in dollars even though my credit card is a UK card & that is the one I use to pay my on board account with

Will a US travel agent take a certificate if it is in UK pounds?

If I buy one in dollars is it then useless if I decide to still book with Royal UK?:confused:

Thanks

Will be cruising in April and hoping to cruise again in November but thought I would like to try booking my November cruise with a US travel agent

Can I buy my certificate while on board in dollars even though my credit card is a UK card & that is the one I use to pay my on board account with

If I buy one in dollars is it then useless if I decide to still book with Royal UK?:confused:

Thanks

You can only book in the country's currency i.e. if you book via a US TA, then you'll need a NCC in US$ - you wouldn't be able to use this NCC in the UK against your next booking.

Additionally, if you've used a UK TA to book the cruise that you're actually completing, then the Cruise Ambassador onboard will ask you to complete a form requesting a change of TA in order to issue the certificate in US$. We were also told, on Oasis, that they need to issue the certificate to an actual US TA and they wouldn't just put it against US RCI as we are not US citizens (this does vary, though, by ship and Future Cruise Ambassador).

It won't matter if you pay using a UK CC - you'll just be charged the foreign currency transaction charge on your next statement.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

If you wish to buy your NCC in dollars while on your next cruise you will need to say to the Loyalty Ambassador that you wish to fill in an "opt out" form so that you can purchase your NCC in dollars otherwise it will go to the TA/Country that you booked your current cruise with.

There is no problem paying for a NCC with a UK credit card.

You cannot use a NCC that is in Pounds for booking with a US TA.

If you purchase a NCC in dollars it will be allocated to RCCL US and then you can transfer it to a US TA if at the time you buy the NCC you do not have a US TA in mind.

If you wish to buy your NCC in dollars while on your next cruise you will need to say to the Loyalty Ambassador that you wish to fill in an "opt out" form so that you can purchase your NCC in dollars otherwise it will go to the TA/Country that you booked your current cruise with.

There is no problem paying for a NCC with a UK credit card.

You cannot use a NCC that is in Pounds for booking with a US TA.

If you purchase a NCC in dollars it will be allocated to RCCL US and then you can transfer it to a US TA if at the time you buy the NCC you do not have a US TA in mind.

Liz,

Some Loyalty Ambassadors state they will only issue to a US TA and not just to RCCL US - only our personal experience on Oasis (didn't really matter to us as we already had a US TA).

Edited by villauk