Bernards Tours?

Lightngsvt

I couple people on my roll call mentioned they are booking tours with Bernards Tours, has anyone used them before? The SXM 2 tour looks interesting to us but I want to be sure to use someone reputable with a good reputation.

Also, what is the mosquito situation? There seems to be threads on here ranging from "if you go near the island you will get bit and very ill" to "dont worry about it, its no problem"?

I couple people on my roll call mentioned they are booking tours with Bernards Tours, has anyone used them before? The SXM 2 tour looks interesting to us but I want to be sure to use someone reputable with a good reputation.

Also, what is the mosquito situation? There seems to be threads on here ranging from "if you go near the island you will get bit and very ill" to "dont worry about it, its no problem"?

We have done Bernards tours twice now with people from our roll call. Both times we organized a small group that visited Orient Beach, Marigot and Maho. They are very organized and both times we had a lot of fun. I would easily use them again.

When we were in St. Maarten in February I didn't notice any mosquito's nor did anyone in our group. That said we were all wearing bug spray as a precaution.

we have been twice to St Maartens, first time we stayed in port and done the shopping and beers thing in November and never seen a mossie

second time was in March and we took a bernards island tour again never seen a mossie

and had a great day out very highly recommended by us

the only concern we had on the tour was we were in a group with people off oasis we were on the eclipse

they were leaving an hour later than us so we were sweating a little about the timing getting back but we did make it on time we made sure the driver knew when we had to be back even though those from oasis wanted to be back later

and he made sure we got back in time

(twenty minutes to spare i think :) )

We did the Bernard's Tour....#2 in May 2012...we LOVED it......it was my husband & I .... he died of a sudden massive heart attack in September and we had 2 cruises already booked...our son is going on the one in May on the Sunshine and I am booking Bernard's for that one:)