Copenhagen: Port to Airport

Seafan22

In the fall I will be on a 14-day trip on the Star out and back into Copenhagen. I've never been to Copenhagen so I have no idea of the distance from the port to the airport, or the traffic on a Monday morning (October 6th). We have a flight at noon. The ship is due to dock at 7:00am. If we carry our luggage off, are we okay to make that flight?

Thanks for the help.

We did the Baltic cruise on the Star last May. We had a 10:20am flight out of Copenhagen and made it without any problem by taking a cab. Granted, our cruise ended on a Saturday. We were in a suite, so we were able to utilize priority disembarkation and did not need to carry our luggage off ourselves. I don't think that you will have a problem.

In the fall I will be on a 14-day trip on the Star out and back into Copenhagen. I've never been to Copenhagen so I have no idea of the distance from the port to the airport, or the traffic on a Monday morning (October 6th). We have a flight at noon. The ship is due to dock at 7:00am. If we carry our luggage off, are we okay to make that flight?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the help.

Here's a helpful thread in the Ports of Call section: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1898429&highlight=copenhagen+port+to+airport

We didn't have too much luggage, so we did the not-too-long-but-long-none-the-less walk to the train.

Normally a taxi ride to the airport takes about 30 minutes. I think its about 8 miles.

The last 2 years, we took cruises out of Copenhagen. We walked off the ship with our luggage and had no issues getting to the airport quickly. The first year, we took a cab. This last year, we hopped on a bus chartered by NCL and got to the airport quickly and cheaply. The trick is to walk off with your luggage.

The last 2 years, we took cruises out of Copenhagen. We walked off the ship with our luggage and had no issues getting to the airport quickly. The first year, we took a cab. This last year, we hopped on a bus chartered by NCL and got to the airport quickly and cheaply. The trick is to walk off with your luggage.

So which do you recommend, and why? The taxi or NCL transportation. I've seen NCL charges $30 pp.

Thanks!

We departed the NCL Star for an 11:50 am Delta Flight to AMS then to Seattle. We were concerned the taxi line would be long so we carried our own luggage off the ship with early disembarkation. While we were in the Taxi Line a NCL Representative was soliciting people to ride their bus which was departing shortly which is what we did. With early disembarkation you could also take the train although getting to the station may be a bit painful...