Taking pictures of the kid's club?

lovely_serenity

Hi! I'm going on the Wonder in a few months and I was wondering when you all thought it would be an appropriate time for me to enter the kids club to take pictures of the place (as I do trip reports, I plan on taking pictures of as many facilities on board as I can)? What if I don't have a child with me? Am I allowed to go in prior to kids playing in there (I've heard you aren't allowed to take pictures of the clubs once kids start playing inside)?

When do you think I should go there to get my pictures? I don't want to miss out on the only time I can (I've heard I should like, right after embarkation lunch or something, while parents are registering their kids and kids aren't allowed in to play yet)

Does anybody know? Any information would be helpful! (estimate time?)

Thanks! :)

Look on your Navigators for "OPEN HOUSE" hours. During these times, you are welcome to go in and take all the photos you want.

There are open house times in each space each day, but sometimes it is as little as an hour. Normally the entire first afternoon of the cruise is open house as the CMs are busy doing registations. Programming doesn't really start till later. But if this time doesn't work for you, there are times each day.

Look on your Navigators for "OPEN HOUSE" hours. During these times' date=' you are welcome to go in and take all the photos you want.

There are open house times in each space each day, but sometimes it is as little as an hour. Normally the entire first afternoon of the cruise is open house as the CMs are busy doing registations. Programming doesn't really start till later. But if this time doesn't work for you, there are times each day.[/quote']

Ahh, I see! Thanks! Would I just walk past the CMs into the place or do I have to ask for permission?

During Open House times, there is a CM at the door. However, their main function is to be sure that no kids come in unsupervised. During open house times, kids need to be cared for by their parents (not the CMs). So, there is nothing wrong with saying "Is it OK if I look around and take some photos?" THey might tell you that you can't photograph kids, but you can photograph the facility...or at least others have been able to do so.

We went over once as we were walking by and asked if there was a time we could see the place; the CM told us when Open House would be. We had no problem at all with going in as 2 adults.

During Open House times' date=' there is a CM at the door. However, their main function is to be sure that no kids come in unsupervised. During open house times, kids need to be cared for by their parents (not the CMs). So, there is nothing wrong with saying "Is it OK if I look around and take some photos?" THey might tell you that you can't photograph kids, but you can photograph the facility...or at least others have been able to do so.

We went over once as we were walking by and asked if there was a time we could see the place; the CM told us when Open House would be. We had no problem at all with going in as 2 adults.[/quote']

Oh, alright! Thank you for the helpful information! :)

I agree. We only brought our son during the open house hours and sometimes there was no one in there (sad for him but good for my husband to take photos of the entire place). No one ever said anything to him.

Hi! I'm going on the Wonder in a few months and I was wondering when you all thought it would be an appropriate time for me to enter the kids club to take pictures of the place (as I do trip reports, I plan on taking pictures of as many facilities on board as I can)? What if I don't have a child with me? Am I allowed to go in prior to kids playing in there (I've heard you aren't allowed to take pictures of the clubs once kids start playing inside)?

When do you think I should go there to get my pictures? I don't want to miss out on the only time I can (I've heard I should like, right after embarkation lunch or something, while parents are registering their kids and kids aren't allowed in to play yet)

Does anybody know? Any information would be helpful! (estimate time?)

Thanks! :)

It varied on our last cruise. Some open houses were from 8:30-9:30...some from 11:30-12:30. Just go in during open house and say that you just want to pop in an take some pictures.