Sailing on the Jade on 7th June for 2 weeks

penders

I am wondering the best way to see Venice on a mobility scooter does anyone know if the waterbuses will leave from anywhere near the docks and if they take scooters?

I would also like to ask if anyone can help me with choosing the best trips on shore with N.C.L with taking my scooter its is my walking for long distances that's the problem. I can get on and off coaches and get up and down steps as long as not too many We are calling in at Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, Katskolon , Venice, Dubrovnik, Athens, Izmir, Split.

Any information of the best way to see these places with N.C.L or on our own will be most grateful. Many Thanks

I am wondering the best way to see Venice on a mobility scooter does anyone know if the waterbuses will leave from anywhere near the docks and if they take scooters?

I would also like to ask if anyone can help me with choosing the best trips on shore with N.C.L with taking my scooter its is my walking for long distances that's the problem. I can get on and off coaches and get up and down steps as long as not too many We are calling in at Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, Katskolon , Venice, Dubrovnik, Athens, Izmir, Split.

Any information of the best way to see these places with N.C.L or on our own will be most grateful. Many Thanks

Venice with a mobility scooter is tricky-there are unexpected steps and bridges everywhere-a wheelchair may be able to be lifted over but a mobility scooter with a battery is a bit heavier!

the Vaparetto or water buses are wheelchair accessible but because of their nature you have to roll across a moving platform-could be a bit hairy

europeforvisitors [google it] has a section on accessible Venice with maps showing accessible areas but you may be better off with leaving the scooter behind and taking a walker with seat so you can rest often

we are also doing the same itinery in August and husband has similar problems with walking long distance.

I researched on ports of call forum and have booked private taxi tours and asked for tour mates on the roll call to reduce costs.

the NCL tour coaches would not have room for mobility scooter and being on a 50 seater would have to park further away so would add to your overall walking-that's the advantage of a smaller car or van which can negotiate narrow streets

happy planning

Thanks for the information I am hoping that my scooter will fit where the luggage would normally go it is collapsible and when we went on Princess and Celebrity Cruises and did tours from the ship we had no problems, they also reserved the front seats when possible