Grandeur kids club info

We're sailing next week, and will be bringing a 2 year old, a 4 year old and 6 year old, and I'm wondering what the activities are like in the kids clubs. Is the nursery hard to get a reservation for. Does anyone have pictures of either the nursery or kids clubs? Does anyone have reviews of either? My kids have been on carnival and disney before, so how does reclaimed compare? Thanks!

We're sailing next week, and will be bringing a 2 year old, a 4 year old and 6 year old, and I'm wondering what the activities are like in the kids clubs. Is the nursery hard to get a reservation for. Does anyone have pictures of either the nursery or kids clubs? Does anyone have reviews of either? My kids have been on carnival and disney before, so how does reclaimed compare? Thanks!

We used the kids club on Grandeur on our last cruise. Our son was 3. He enjoyed it, but only when his friends were in there. He loved to pool even more, so we spent more time there. I think the nursery allows you to book so many hours on day 1, and then after everyone has a chance to book some time they open up the remaining times.

I have the activity sheets but no way to scan and post; however, I think some of these have been posted on the family forum.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I haven't been on the grandeur, but I can tell you what my kids did on Liberty last week. I have a 3 yr old and 7 yr old. My two age groups were Aquanauts 3-5 and Explorers 6-8, so I think a couple of yours would fall into that.

Both groups had at least 8-10 activities scheduled each day, anywhere from pajama night movie party, pirate night with a parade in the promenade, themed days w/ corresponding crafts, dodgeball/gaga ball, computer time, painting, and pretty much anything else you can think of.

I was very impressed with the variety of activities they had.

again, i'm not sure about Grandeur, but that may give you an idea

I haven't been on the grandeur, but I can tell you what my kids did on Liberty last week. I have a 3 yr old and 7 yr old. My two age groups were Aquanauts 3-5 and Explorers 6-8, so I think a couple of yours would fall into that.

Both groups had at least 8-10 activities scheduled each day, anywhere from pajama night movie party, pirate night with a parade in the promenade, themed days w/ corresponding crafts, dodgeball/gaga ball, computer time, painting, and pretty much anything else you can think of.

I was very impressed with the variety of activities they had.

again, i'm not sure about Grandeur, but that may give you an idea

Grandeur will have similar activities but no parades as there is no Royal promenade. Pretty sure there is no computer time either (no computer lab). But the other activities sound the same.

ImageUploadedByForums1395180798.348438.jpg.a4abac55e1721e31a9a2ed1ce0a72538.jpg

Here is picture of Grandeur pool. The area to the front is shallow, maybe 4-6 inches deep. This area is "gated" off from the deeper part of the pool - although this gate could be easily climbed, so you need to keep an eye on the kids. One older kid on our cruise jumped the fence so naturally all the younger ones wanted to try it too. But, in general, our son stayed in this shallow area and loved it. Especially on the sea days because the motion of the ship caused waves in the pool. The kids loved running back and forth through the waves.

PS: The pool was not green when we were on the ship. This pic I grabbed from someone else last year.

No swim diapers are not allowed in the pools on any of the ships.

The Freedom class and Oasis class ships have a splash zone that can be used by kids in diapers. I am sure Quantum will have one too. But those are the only ones, and just in these specific areas (and I am not sure you could call them pools).

The Freedom class and Oasis class ships have a splash zone that can be used by kids in diapers. I am sure Quantum will have one too. But those are the only ones, and just in these specific areas (and I am not sure you could call them pools).

You're right, I was going to edit my post to add ''I mean pools, not anything considered a kids area" but wasn't sure if that made sense :)

Also the other thing Is in the Splash Zones there is pools, but it's not labeled as a kiddie pool pool either but I think it's only 3ft so it's meant for the kids just not babies.

Also interesting to note because I just checked the website, technically non-potty trained babies aren't even supposed to use the Splash Zone, they're only supposed to use the specified 'baby-zone' on the ships. So on Freedom there is a splash zone & a baby zone

Edited by hansolosmom

You're right, I was going to edit my post to add ''I mean pools, not anything considered a kids area" but wasn't sure if that made sense :)

Also the other thing Is in the Splash Zones there is pools, but it's not labeled as a kiddie pool pool either but I think it's only 3ft so it's meant for the kids just not babies.

Also interesting to note because I just checked the website, technically non-potty trained babies aren't even supposed to use the Splash Zone, they're only supposed to use the specified 'baby-zone' on the ships. So on Freedom there is a splash zone & a baby zone

lol... They don't make it easy on parents, do they - with so many things named so similar :).

• 1 year later...