Celebrity | Constellation | November 5, 2014 Transatlantic (16 Days) | LGBT

vulcan1971

Walter,

This thread looked so lonely, compared to the main board for this cruise and the Nov 1st sailing. I finally needed to jump on board! I also recognize a couple of people on the Nov 1st sailing. It is very small world!

I noticed you were on the Epic. I was on the Epic last year. Even though I was not in Haven I look forward on getting your opinion of the ship.

Best regards,

Frank

Frank - Thanks again for coming out of the woodwork and actually posting. I hope others might do the same if they haven't yet. Otherwise, it will be fun to go "spotting" on the ship for others.

I love to talk about anything cruise related. The NCL Epic was the largest ship I have ever cruised on and I enjoyed myself very much. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Walter

Walter,

I am sure will will have alot of fun talking cruise talk! It started for me in 1979. I was 20 years old and with three friends went on a TA on the QE2. We spent two months that summer traveling through out Europe. What an experience!

We can talk more about the Epic when we meet. I did right a review on the Epic on CC. I dont know if there is way for you to access?

I signed up for the CC Connections Party so we will be in good company.

Frank

Walter,

I am sure will will have alot of fun talking cruise talk! It started for me in 1979. I was 20 years old and with three friends went on a TA on the QE2. We spent two months that summer traveling through out Europe. What an experience!

We can talk more about the Epic when we meet. I did right a review on the Epic on CC. I dont know if there is way for you to access?

I signed up for the CC Connections Party so we will be in good company.

Frank

Frank -

My first cruise was 2006 and my cruise history (and future) is listed below. I wish I had more time and money to travel, but I take it where I can for now. I am quite fortunate to be able to travel as much as I do and maintain a full time employment.

Don't forget about the Sail Away after the muster drill (located aft of the Oceanview Cafe) where other cruise critic folks will gather to have a beverage and converse.

P.S. where in Florida do you reside?

Edited by vulcan1971

Walter:

If I have counted right I have taken a total of 24 cruises. We have both sailed on the following ships:

2013-NCL Epic, 7 day- Eastern Caribbean

2012- Celebrity Century, Pied Piper, 15 day-Hawaii

2011- NCL Pearl, 14 day - Panama Canal

I lived in Miami for 15 years. I moved two years ago to Pompano Beach, Florida.

Best regards,

Frank

• 2 weeks later...
Walter:

If I have counted right I have taken a total of 24 cruises. We have both sailed on the following ships:

2013-NCL Epic, 7 day- Eastern Caribbean

2012- Celebrity Century, Pied Piper, 15 day-Hawaii

2011- NCL Pearl, 14 day - Panama Canal

I lived in Miami for 15 years. I moved two years ago to Pompano Beach, Florida.

Best regards,

Frank

Frank -

Must be nice to have such seasonal weather in the winter months. Definitely excited to chat with you about cruising in general. The Pearl was a fun ship to be on and I also stayed in the Haven on that ship. I only did a 4 day cruise on the Century in 2007 so I don't recall that ship very well. I am sad to not have a better memory on that front since the ship is leaving the fleet in 2015. I have yet to do Hawaii or a Panama Canal transit so these are areas I will want to pick your brain about. :)

I know one day I will get to 24 cruises, but that seems so far away right now. :(

Walter

we are joining all of you on this cruise and are looking for any port tours, any organized as of yet?:)

Welcome to the LGBT roll call thread. I see that you also posted a similar message for open shore excursions on the main roll call thread. I think you will do best to find any open slots for shore excursions on that board. This board is mostly to meet and introduce the different LGBT cruise passengers to each other prior to embarking the ship.

Happy that you are able to make the cruise and look forward to meeting you and your spouse on the ship.

Walter

Hello...

After my exhaustive search today, I was unable to locate a thread created for this cruise. My name is Walter and my partner Iain and I will be on this cruise. We will arrive a few days early to spend some time in Rome doing activities we didn't get to do in 2013.

November seems far away, but it will get here sooner than we will realize. Looking forward to meeting you on the ship. Take care.

Walter

Hi Walter.....Jim and Don here. My partner and I are on the Nov. 5th Trans Atlantic as well. We arrive in Rome on the 4th. We are both retired and enjoy the Trans Atlantic's as well. Hope to meet you in the ship.

Hi Walter.....Jim and Don here. My partner and I are on the Nov. 5th Trans Atlantic as well. We arrive in Rome on the 4th. We are both retired and enjoy the Trans Atlantic's as well. Hope to meet you in the ship.

Hi Jim and Don,

Welcome to the thread. I wondered if you would ever think to look for this thread. I've seen you on the main thread and other places and wondered how I could direct your attention to get here.

Anyway, we have a small group so far and hopefully it grows before the ship sails. See you at sailaway after the muster drill.

Walter

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Hi Walter,

Where will be sail away party be?

Thanks for the info.

Jim

Hi Jim -

The sail-away on embarkation day is being planned to happen immediately following the muster drill/safety announcements when they are completed. The location is the Oceanview Bar, which is located on Deck 10 AFT. Just walk through the Oceanview Cafe to the back of the ship. The group on the main roll call thread has been talking about wearing Mardi Gras beads to this event so that folks can find each other. The area is not terribly large so I'm sure you can locate the group of people most likely hovering around the edge of the ship balcony rail with your choice of adult beverage in hand or surrounding the bar to get a drink. Some folks are considering pre-printing their own name tags to bring in addition to or in lieu of the beads. This discussion has been going on the past week or so on the main roll call thread. If you haven't been keeping up with it, you may want to go back about 10 or so pages to read and catch up.

Sorry if you already commented on this but are you arriving in Rome early to see the sites and acclimate? If so, when do you arrive and where are you staying?

Walter

Hi Jim -

The sail-away on embarkation day is being planned to happen immediately following the muster drill/safety announcements when they are completed. The location is the Oceanview Bar, which is located on Deck 10 AFT. Just walk through the Oceanview Cafe to the back of the ship. The group on the main roll call thread has been talking about wearing Mardi Gras beads to this event so that folks can find each other. The area is not terribly large so I'm sure you can locate the group of people most likely hovering around the edge of the ship balcony rail with your choice of adult beverage in hand or surrounding the bar to get a drink. Some folks are considering pre-printing their own name tags to bring in addition to or in lieu of the beads. This discussion has been going on the past week or so on the main roll call thread. If you haven't been keeping up with it, you may want to go back about 10 or so pages to read and catch up.

Sorry if you already commented on this but are you arriving in Rome early to see the sites and acclimate? If so, when do you arrive and where are you staying?

Walter

Hi Walter we arrive in Rome on the 4th and are staying at the Jolly Leonardo Da Vinci. If you would like to contact me here is my e-mail address: jimtheclipper@comcast.net

Hi Walter we arrive in Rome on the 4th and are staying at the Jolly Leonardo Da Vinci. If you would like to contact me here is my e-mail address: jimtheclipper@comcast.net

By the way, I lived in Chicago from 1993 to 2008. Since leaving, I was in Madison, WI and suburban Philadelphia the past 6 years. I miss Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

By the way, I lived in Chicago from 1993 to 2008. Since leaving, I was in Madison, WI and suburban Philadelphia the past 6 years. I miss Chicago.

We love Chicago. It's a great city except for the winter months.:) We don't stay here during the winter.

Hope to see you on the cruise.

We love Chicago. It's a great city except for the winter months.:) We don't stay here during the winter.

Hope to see you on the cruise.

I'm sure you will.

• 3 weeks later...
Leaving today for Rome. Wishing everyone a safe trip! Looking forward to meetng everyone on board.

Frank

Hi Frank -

Safe travels to you as well. Iain and myself fly tomorrow evening overnight and arrive noon time in Rome on Saturday. See you on the ship. :)

Walter