Cave Tubing for non swimmer?

mared1

Our twelve year old went with us and he isn't a strong swimmer and he wore a life jacket. We went through RCCL so I am not sure about booking privately. I think I even carried one along but didn't wear it.

I haven't done it yet, but I would be cautious about letting a non-swimmer go cave tubing expedition. There is a thread going on the Carnival board about a recent bad experience somebody had cave tubing.

How safe would it be for a non swimmer to do the cave tubing? Are life vests available?

my husband is a non-swimmer and x-treme offers life jackets to those who want them. we had a blast with richard and he was so helpful to those who were non-swimmers. in fact, everyone in our group wore life jackets weather you were a swimmer or non-swimer.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EegNWLVoxbt2by&open=1&x=1&sm=1&sl=1

I'm not sure its a good idea for a non-swimmer to go cave tubing during the rainy season. There was a review a week or so ago about the misadventures on the river when it was running high. I would not have wanted to be in those caves if I couldn't swim. A swimmer would get a little scared but a non-swimmer might panic.

Archived