Aft Cabin on Noordam 5189

Cyndi Pettit

Hello all.

It's my 7th cruise with HAL but my first in an aft cabin. I am very excited! I do have a question. We are traveling with another couple and have rooms side by side. We are planning to open the tiny door on our decks so we can go back and forth. Based on pics I've seen, it looks like the four of us can comfortably sit on one of our decks. Is that true?? What if one more couple joins us. Can 6 of us sit comfortably on one of those decks??:confused:

The 5189 balcony is 9 ft wide, so 6 across shoulder-to-shoulder in one row would each get 1.5 ft! I think that balcony is a couple of ft deeper than the side VB so two rows of three people could probably fit.

Just sailed last month on the Noordam and we were in Stateroom 5186. It fit 4 nicely with lots of room. 6 would fit and would be cozy not tight in my opinion. This was our second time having an aft cabin and we love it! Very peaceful and a little more protection from the wind.

Innlady1, Thanks so much for the Halfacts.com reference. What a great site!!!!!

You're very welcome. If you checked #5188 on the halfacts website, you can see the verandah photos I submitted. I'm not sure if I submitted cabin photos or not, but you can get a clear shot of the verandah! #5189 would have exactly the same size sized verandah...one is the outer most Verandah cabin on port side; the other the outermost Verandah cabin on starboard side.

I checked out the photos Sheila. I'm certain the 4 of us will be very comfortable. We are also considering a cabana. We've done that before and just loved it. That way if the other couple comes, we will have plenty of room.

Before I forget to mention this. IF your friends decide to purchase the aft wrap stateroom on deck 5, be aware that there is no connecting door on the Noordams 5185, which is next to 5189. It blew my mind when I walked out onto our verandah of 5185 to see no door. The young man who washed the deck 5 aft verandah decks had to climb over the top to get to 5189.

This is the only deck and ship where I've ever seen this on.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie