Carnival Valor vs Freedom

browneyedwoman

We are planning our next vacation which will hopefully be a cruise. I am looking at the Valor or Freedom. We'd like to go on a ship we haven't been on before and see a new port. Was there a big difference cruising from San Juan vs Florida? What were your likes and dislikes of each ship? Thanks for your help in advance.

We are planning our next vacation which will hopefully be a cruise. I am looking at the Valor or Freedom. We'd like to go on a ship we haven't been on before and see a new port. Was there a big difference cruising from San Juan vs Florida? What were your likes and dislikes of each ship? Thanks for your help in advance.

We have been on both and my opinion is they are pretty similar. It's been about 9 years since I was on Valor so I am not sure what has changed. At the time I sailed her Valor did not have that giant annoying TV blasing in your face all day, and I would give a slight edge to crew and ports with Valor. But it has been a while. Crews and ports change, and she probable has a TV to BLAST good morning america in your face at same volume as a metallica concert. But over all the ships were very much alike.

If I had to chose between them now, I would let the itinerary decide.

The ships are basically the same.

The Valor Southern itinerary outshines the Freedom's Western/Bahamas.

Valor

The southern stops of Barbados, St Lucia, St Thomas, St Martin and St Kitts would be considered more scenic/exotic. Plus you have San Juan. Regardless of the date it will always be warm there - basically 6 stops

Freedom

Key West, Bahamas, Grand Cayman are flatter and more "party" type stops.

4 stops - more ship time.

Either one is great, but IMO if you have the chance to go Southern - go for it!

The ships are basically the same.

The Valor Southern itinerary outshines the Freedom's Western/Bahamas.

Valor

The southern stops of Barbados, St Lucia, St Thomas, St Martin and St Kitts would be considered more scenic/exotic. Plus you have San Juan. Regardless of the date it will always be warm there - basically 6 stops

Freedom

Key West, Bahamas, Grand Cayman are flatter and more "party" type stops.

4 stops - more ship time.

Either one is great, but IMO if you have the chance to go Southern - go for it!

I agree on the Southern, great cruise.

Edited by WindsorFred

We are sailing on the Freedom in Sept, 2014. Ports include San Juan, St Kitts, St Marteen, and Grand Turk. This is an 8-day cruise from Ft Lauderdale. Looking forward to it-haven't sailed the Freedom yet, and will have the new Upgrades when we sail. :p

Thanks for the information. I think I'd like cruising out of San Juan but not sure that everyone else will. I would enjoy having a lot of Spanish speakers on the cruise but if everything is done in two languages it might get old for others. I'm still trying to gather information and give everyone options.