Need advice on Cabin Selection on Oasis

rleyba

Hi Team,

We are planning an Eastern Carribean cruise on the Oasis this December 2014. We just need suggestions on choosing a good inside cabin (for a party of four). I was looking at the deck plan and it was quite confusing, not as simple as the Radiance and Rhapsody that we have taken previously. Basically we are looking for:

1. midships (midway between the two sets of elevator wells)

2. cabins on deck above and on deck below

3. away from all social areas (restaurants, dining rooms, disco etc).

4. away from engine noise and vibration.

Can anyone suggest which deck would satisfy the items above (and a range of cabin numbers is possible)?

Thanks very much.

OH Ok.....What I meant was that as long as the deck above the cabin I'm selecting is not a public area (like a disco or restaurant) where we can hear footsteps and tables and furniture being moved at night or early morning, and that the deck below is not crew area or has lots of foot traffic that can propagate noise.

*Basically we want an inside cabin that is as quiet as possible.

Thanks.

OH Ok.....What I meant was that as long as the deck above the cabin I'm selecting is not a public area (like a disco or restaurant) where we can hear footsteps and tables and furniture being moved at night or early morning, and that the deck below is not crew area or has lots of foot traffic that can propagate noise.

*Basically we want an inside cabin that is as quiet as possible.

Thanks.

Almost all of the interiors and in the front of the ship, not on the middle. All the interiors in the middle are either on below deck 5, (too low) or are noisy from the Promenade. There are a FEW interiors in the aft, but none hold more than 2 people.

The only places where there would be noise is a room on deck 12, right next to a loud family (not much to do about that), near the promenade, or on deck 3 because of Studio B (ice skating and shows) and the engine room is close by.

If the four of you are in one room, go for something in the front, on any deck besides 12.

Thanks Dan,

For the front, my son tends to get seasick. Compared to the Radiance for example, I suppose movement on the Oasis would be MUCH less, even for carribean passage? A colleague some time ago ended up on the forward cabins on the Radiance and they got really seasick because of all the bobbing up and down of the bow area of the ship.

Thanks.

Thanks Dan,

For the front, my son tends to get seasick. Compared to the Radiance for example, I suppose movement on the Oasis would be MUCH less, even for carribean passage? A colleague some time ago ended up on the forward cabins on the Radiance and they got really seasick because of all the bobbing up and down of the bow area of the ship.

Thanks.

Being 213 feet across, as oppose to 105.6 ft, the Oasis definitely will rock noticeably less. Seasickness should not be a problem UNLESS there is a storm that week (not too likely, but always a possibility) because Dec is considered hurricane season, and that is why it is cheap.

Edited by Oasis Of The Seas Expert

Thanks Dan. Hmmm....hurricane season. That's good to know. These are things that they WON't tell you on the brochures.

Your signature says you'll be on the ship March 2014. That's about now. Have a great cruise.

And thanks again for all the tips.