Guaranty Cabin Stories- Good and Bad. Ready, set, go...

flarad

We sail in 17 days. Still no assignment yet. I check at least twice a day LOL!

I did that too, than I would go to a website to see what cabins were still available. I found that all the suites are booked so upgrade chances were gone. Looks like a sold out ship. I've read of some great cabin surprises when assigned at the ship. Maybe you'll get one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fourth cruise coming up and first guarantee. Booked a mid-ship inside (IE) on the upcoming 10 night Pearl Alaska itineray for less than I've seen 7 night cruises go for and got assigned 36 days out an IB on deck 9 just above the atrium. We'll see if there is any noise from below.

I did that too, than I would go to a website to see what cabins were still available. I found that all the suites are booked so upgrade chances were gone. Looks like a sold out ship. I've read of some great cabin surprises when assigned at the ship. Maybe you'll get one.

Lol, that's exactly what I've been doing! We booked an interior. When I try to do a mock booking for 4 people everything is sold out except one category of interior on the 11th floor and one category of balcony. Everything else is gone. Maybe we'll get the 11th floor?! Who knows. I just know not a lot of rooms left for 4 people so not sure why it's taking so long. I keep having a fear that there will be no rooms left and they will have forgotten us LOL!!

Lol, that's exactly what I've been doing! We booked an interior. When I try to do a mock booking for 4 people everything is sold out except one category of interior on the 11th floor and one category of balcony. Everything else is gone. Maybe we'll get the 11th floor?! Who knows. I just know not a lot of rooms left for 4 people so not sure why it's taking so long. I keep having a fear that there will be no rooms left and they will have forgotten us LOL!!

Hahaha, hopefully you'll end up in one of those balconies. When is your cruise? The category we bought was deck 8. We were assigned a mid aft deck 10 right across from the stairs so we'll see how that goes.

I have a question having never booked a GTY cabin before. We have a booking on the Dawn Boston to Quebec City sailing in late Sept that we booked as an OA GTY at the time because the balconies were quite a bit higher than we wanted to pay. When I look at the available oceanview picture window cabins right now, there aren't any available? Does that mean that they are actually "sold out" or does NCL hold back a certain number to make sure they have enough for the GTY's? I guess I am wondering what "Sold Out" of all oceanview picture window category cabins means for my GTY?

Got a cabin! We booked 5th floor interior guarantee. We got a family inside on the 12th floor right next to the kids club. Perfect since we have 2 little ones! Im very happy with it!!

Good for you, I'm still waiting, hopefully I'll get something soon.

Good for you, I'm still waiting, hopefully I'll get something soon.

Hopefully soon!!! 4 passenger rooms are all sold out now except family interiors so I kinda figured that's what we would get. I love that I can bring the kids to kids club right down the hall!

Not sure if the option is available on Norwegian.....but I was able to change rooms twice after booking a guaranteed neighborhood balcony on the Oasis for January 2014. I was initially offered a central park balcony and then had my TA move us to a boardwalk balcony. Several weeks later I noticed a cabin that was closer to the aqua theater and moved again.

I was VERY happy with my cabin, especially since the cost to change from my origianlly booked neighborhood view room was only $50. As long as I stayed in the same category, there was no problem changing cabins. I plan to do it again. :)

Happy Sailing!

I have a question having never booked a GTY cabin before. We have a booking on the Dawn Boston to Quebec City sailing in late Sept that we booked as an OA GTY at the time because the balconies were quite a bit higher than we wanted to pay. When I look at the available oceanview picture window cabins right now, there aren't any available? Does that mean that they are actually "sold out" or does NCL hold back a certain number to make sure they have enough for the GTY's? I guess I am wondering what "Sold Out" of all oceanview picture window category cabins means for my GTY?

Could be that these rooms are being held by travel agents. The unsold would them be released when final payment is due. Our category was sold out so we got bumped up by two categories but it was the same type room, just higher deck location.