How does Norwegian's price drop work?

I booked my cruise on 26NOV13 on NCL Epic from Rome and it was US$ 4450.73 (2adt+1chd) for a mini-suite (MD) and I was checking every two days and it came to 3409.73 last FEB and on 21MAR I got it for US$ 3050.73 and it is now Family mini-suite (M3). I did not make the full payment still as I am hoping it might reduce even. I made the initial booking and paid the deposit and monthly I am paying a part of it as I do not get that big "pinch". I just call my PCC and he does the changes with proper advises.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are set to sail on the Dawn April 6th. We booked an inside and the price has dropped quite a bit. We called our pcc and he was "trying" to find us an upgrade. Offered to upgrade both cabins to a balcony cabin for $100/cabin. Told him to go ahead and then he came back and said they all sold out. Said nothing he could do right now but call him 2 or 3 days before sailing.

My dh decided to call and try someone else. We didn't get balcony but we did got to ocean view w/picture window and adjoining cabins. I like the adjoining since we are traveling with the kids (20, 18 & 16).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is news to me. Would you care to elaborate what protection/guarantee that England has that America does not have regarding travel? When a payment has been made for goods or services, a contract is then deemed to be in place and cannot be cancelled or withdrawn on a whim. If goods or services are not to the correct standing, then there is recourse. Does a contract not exist in America in these circumstances?

I think they are on about ABTA, which means if your cruise company goes bust, you get a refund from ABTA.

Its NCL UK's choice not to refund deposits or match pricedrops before final payment.

Book with NCL US IMHO if you want deposit refund option and pricedrops.

Or a US TA.

Edited by Froggitt

I find this quite incredible. Is it fair and correct for this to be allowed to happen?

This is a sad fact of life for us Brits. I learnt about this when booking my last cruise.

Now all cruises are booked through the american websites rather than UK, so I can take full advantage of any price drops.

Download an app called tunnel bear then when you want to look at NCL.com, you just activate it. It comes up as VPN on an ipad. Then google your hearts content for the .com sites.

Ncl allows us Brits to book through .com, as does Carnival, Celebrity, Disney, RCL. The downside is you have to pay in dollars, so there may be currency fluctuations to consider and CC charges. Sometimes the currency fluctuations go in our way too. I have saved £250 just by paying in dollars from when I booked last year. I always use a rate of $1.50 when looking at budgets to allow for any drop.

Most US TA's pass the money straight onto the cruise line when you pay. I always pay with my CC just in case.

Princess honour price drops until final payment when booked through the UK. They do not allow US RA 's to sell us their cruises.

I got very cross last year and fired off an email to the boss at Carnival to vent my anger. His complaints team wrote back and told me I could have a price drop and gave me it, after a bit of a fight with Carnival UK. The detail was in my paperwork which read as I had booked in the first place with Carnival in the US.

Edited by heatherbelle