It's official. I'm a Norwegian

Compared to other ships, a relatively small group of us have sailed Getaway, because she's not quite 2 months old at this point. She's a beautiful ship with lots of activities and a top notch crew. Do you have any specific questions we can try to answer?

Just booked our first Norwegian Cruise, after cruising other lines. Getaway January 10 2015! Any tips, suggestions?

Splurge and reserve premium seats for the illusionarium.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Compared to other ships, a relatively small group of us have sailed Getaway, because she's not quite 2 months old at this point. She's a beautiful ship with lots of activities and a top notch crew. Do you have any specific questions we can try to answer?

Are there seats on outdoor lanai that you can sit even though you are not eating at the outdoor restaurants? Where is the outdoor shuffleboard located? Do you book shows before your cruise? Which ones should we make reservations for?

Just booked our first Norwegian Cruise, after cruising other lines. Getaway January 10 2015! Any tips, suggestions?

If you search this forum for Getaway you will find a wealth of information. Even if you simply read the subjects of the posts on the first few pages, you can't help but see all the Getaway posts. Try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Are there seats on outdoor lanai that you can sit even though you are not eating at the outdoor restaurants? Where is the outdoor shuffleboard located? Do you book shows before your cruise? Which ones should we make reservations for?

Yes, there are several outdoor couches & conversation areas on the waterfront. I don't remember where shuffleboard is, so I can't help you there.

You can book shows in advance, but it's not required & can easily be done on board. Illisionarium gets rave reviews (we didn't see it) and I felt Burn the Floor was great and Legally Blonde was fun. It's really about what you like / want to see.

Yes, there are several outdoor couches & conversation areas on the waterfront. I don't remember where shuffleboard is, so I can't help you there.

You can book shows in advance, but it's not required & can easily be done on board. Illisionarium gets rave reviews (we didn't see it) and I felt Burn the Floor was great and Legally Blonde was fun. It's really about what you like / want to see.

Great! Thank you! One more question, do you know which beverages, (non-alcoholic) are included in the price of the cruise? And if any food/drinks are included at the atrium cafe?

Thank you, but I was wondering more like lemonade, iced tea, etc. at no additional charge?