What is there for kids to do in the Haven common areas?

luv2sleep

It depends on when you go, but for the most part - yes. The main pools are crowded!

Thanks! I'll have to think it over again. I booked on the Escape and didn't choose a Haven category because it seems like the adults without kids might be a little too grumpy, lol! On Disney kids are just not thought of in the same way. They do have lots of free/included adult only areas though with quiet areas, pools, hot tubs, cafes, nightclubs, etc so I think that helps tremendously.

Edited by luv2sleep

Thanks! I'll have to think it over again. I booked on the Escape and didn't choose a Haven category because it seems like the adults without kids might be a little too grumpy, lol! On Disney kids are just not thought of in the same way. Get do have lots of free/included adult only areas though with quiet areas, hot tubs, cafes, nightclubs, etc so I think that helps tremendously.

Yes, this. If someone is looking for a secluded, tranquil adults-only area with a pool and the other things you've mentioned, you can't beat DCL. In that regard, if someone wants to get away from kids, they might ironically consider Disney!

Thanks! I'll have to think it over again. I booked on the Escape and didn't choose a Haven category because it seems like the adults without kids might be a little too grumpy, lol! On Disney kids are just not thought of in the same way. They do have lots of free/included adult only areas though with quiet areas, pools, hot tubs, cafes, nightclubs, etc so I think that helps tremendously.

I wouldn't worry about the adults without kids. It's the parents who let their kids run wild that are the problem. I do agree with you about Disney. It's the best cruise line for kids, IMO ... but don't get chased out of the Haven because of the grumps.

Ok, at first, this thread was interesting given the OP had some of the same concerns I did. But then it seemed folks just got plain nasty about the presence of children anywhere on a ship.

Enough already!! If children are going to bother you and you KNOW that, don't sail during peak times when the kids are out of school or use your common sense to choose a luxury line where very few kids will be on board.

I'm sorry, but GET OVER YOURSELVES!!! It ain't all about YOU!!!!!

Get over YOURSELF. It's not all about YOU or YOUR child. I travel with my child (who thought the behavior in the Haven was terrible) when I need to on the line that I choose. You don't get to decide that.

You're the diaper changer, aren't you?

I wasn't posting to folks with kids... I have a child. It's the ones without kids who I think might need to chill a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am trying to understand … On my last vacation that I paid thousands for --- NO UPSELL. So I did not have the right to use the pool, hot tub or enjoy any serenity because young children overran the Haven – including ones in diapers in need of floaters (lol)? Please make me understand why I am not entitled to use the facilities. I cannot like most get splashed in eyes because of contacts. Now change it around --- What if I needed adult diapers and you found me wading in the children’s pool? Even without the diapers – would you care? There are so many children’s swimming areas on the ships … Way more than adults. Sorry for continuing this but I am just curious what the parents think us adults should do when the overly large :) Haven pools are consumed with kids. Consumed seems like an overkill but put three kids in there and they are useless.

Edited by luvwater

Ok, at first, this thread was interesting given the OP had some of the same concerns I did. But then it seemed folks just got plain nasty about the presence of children anywhere on a ship.

Enough already!! If children are going to bother you and you KNOW that, don't sail during peak times when the kids are out of school or use your common sense to choose a luxury line where very few kids will be on board.

I'm sorry, but GET OVER YOURSELVES!!! It ain't all about YOU!!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this comment. I started commenting and following this post, then took a step back when it started getting personal and nasty. People started throwing out the word entitlement. To me, nothing says entitlement like people on here, basically demanding that people keep their kids under lock and key so as to not disrupt THEIR vacation. As I said before, judging how loud kids are being, or what is acceptable is subjective. I am probably the biggest critic of my kids behavior (just ask them), but the first time I see the or hear of some grumpy old goat giving my kid the stink eye, I'll bring out the 2 dozen beach balls I just purchased, that you all see to be so fond of, to bring some fun to the Haven courtyard. Fun is contagious. But is seems that some are more interested in what others are doing, rather than concentrating on their own good time.

I am trying to understand … On my last vacation that I paid thousands for --- NO UPSELL. So I did not have the right to use the pool, hot tub or enjoy any serenity because young children overran the Haven – including ones in diapers in need of floaters (lol)? Please make me understand why I am not entitled to use the facilities. I cannot like most get splashed in eyes because of contacts. Now change it around --- What if I needed adult diapers and you found me wading in the children’s pool? Even without the diapers – would you care? There are so many children’s swimming areas on the ships … Way more than adults. Sorry for continuing this but I am just curious what the parents think us adults should do when the overly large :) Haven pools are consumed with kids. Consumed seems like an overkill but put three kids in there and they are useless.

Kids are not monsters and they don't bite. I'm sure if someone asked to use the pool/hot tub, they would have no issue surrendering it for a while. If you are waiting or have noticed someone monopolizing any facility, just ask. None of the facilities in the courtyards are private and it is unrealistic to expect them to be. I am only 38 but if my 13 year old is hanging with his friends in a hot tub, and Dad(or any other "old" person) steps in, I'm sure they will find a cooler spot to hang out.

I am trying to understand … On my last vacation that I paid thousands for --- NO UPSELL. So I did not have the right to use the pool, hot tub or enjoy any serenity because young children overran the Haven – including ones in diapers in need of floaters (lol)? Please make me understand why I am not entitled to use the facilities. I cannot like most can get splashed in eyes because of contacts. Now change it around --- What if I needed adult diapers and you found me wading in the children’s pool? Even without the diapers – would you care? There are so many children’s swimming areas on the ships … Way more than adults. Sorry for continuing this but I am just curious what the parents think us adults should do when the overly large :) Haven pools are consumed with kids. Consumed seems like an overkill but put three kids in there and they are useless.

I'm a parent who also paid thousands for my family to have a Haven cabin. We ALL deserve to have access to the Haven facilities, because we all paid for access. We also all deserve to have appropriate behaviour from all people (adults and children) who are using the area, because it is a public space. If you are following the rules, then you are entitled to use the area. Anyone in diapers/incontinence briefs are not entitled to use the pools, but this is an issue for staff to enforce. Even on the main pool deck you will find children in diapers using pools. Take a look at the threads on the family forum, it is a hotly debated topic. Some people follow the rules, some people don't know the rules, and some people don't care.

This issue isn't about how many spaces there are for children or adults on a ship either, as there are pools for adults and children on the main pool deck. I could argue that if you don't want to swim with a child in the Haven pool, go swim in the adult only pool on the main pool deck. But I won't ;)

We paid for Haven access because we didn't want to have to deal with the crowds all the time. Our children don't always want to be in the kids pool being jumped on by other children, or listening to music so loud we can't carry on a conversation. Since we sailed out of NYC, we also wanted a warm place to swim on the first and last sea days.

I think people who book Haven cabins should realize the Haven is not adult only. I also think people need to be respectful when they are using public spaces and share accordingly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kids are not monsters and they don't bite. I'm sure if someone asked to use the pool/hot tub, they would have no issue surrendering it for a while. If you are waiting or have noticed someone monopolizing any facility, just ask. None of the facilities in the courtyards are private and it is unrealistic to expect them to be. I am only 38 but if my 13 year old is hanging with his friends in a hot tub, and Dad(or any other "old" person) steps in, I'm sure they will find a cooler spot to hang out.

From what I've read on here, it's not the 13-year olds that are the problem ... it's 7- and 8-year olds using the hot tubs as their personal bathtubs. Again - it's the parents' fault. I can't fathom ever allowing my kids to do that.

I'm a parent who also paid thousands for my family to have a Haven cabin. We ALL deserve to have access to the Haven facilities' date=' because we all paid for access. We also all deserve to have appropriate behaviour from all people (adults and children) who are using the area, because it is a public space. If you are following the rules, then you are entitled to use the area. Anyone in diapers/incontinence briefs are not entitled to use the pools, but this is an issue for staff to enforce. Even on the main pool deck you will find children in diapers using pools. Take a look at the threads on the family forum, it is a hotly debated topic. Some people follow the rules, some people don't know the rules, and some people don't care.

This issue isn't about how many spaces there are for children or adults on a ship either, as there are pools for adults and children on the main pool deck. I could argue that if you don't want to swim with a child in the Haven pool, go swim in the adult only pool on the main pool deck. But I won't ;)

We paid for Haven access because we didn't want to have to deal with the crowds all the time. Our children don't always want to be in the kids pool being jumped on by other children, or listening to music so loud we can't carry on a conversation. Since we sailed out of NYC, we also wanted a warm place to swim on the first and last sea days.

I think people who book Haven cabins should realize the Haven is not adult only. I also think people need to be respectful when they are using public spaces and share accordingly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote']

I agree! Unfortunately, it's a "me me me" world ... whether you're the parent who thinks little tommy is entitled to do whatever he wants, or the grumpy old man who wants to yell at anyone having a good time!!