A couple of questions on RCL Compared to Disney.

On the Royal Caribbean ships Especially the Independence of the Seas is there something similar to deck 4 on the Disney ships. That is mine hubby's fav place to be. Is it open air or completely inclosed in plexi glass.

Also is there something similar to the Rainforest room in the Spa found on Disney Ships on the Royal Caribbean.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No but thanks, that is similar to the adult pool but is different than deck 4.ImageUploadedByForums1396308613.384387.jpg.06cb504e208156179e337c36840868fc.jpg

Similar to these pictures. A nice quite place to get way and watch the ocean from a deck closer than top pool decks.

ImageUploadedByForums1396308592.493024.jpg.039c96dcae69e6788c45c3f44cd5360f.jpg

Edited by EmptyCanvas91

We've been on Magic & Wonder, but I have no idea what Deck 4 is, so I'm guessing that's on one of the newer ships.

RC has the Solarium which is like the Quiet Cove. On some ships it's covered (or the roof is retractable, so sometimes it's open, but can be closed)

We were on Freedom & I don't remember there being anything like the Rainforest Room. They show tile loungers if you look at the spa area, but I don't remember them, although it's been awhile

We've been on Magic & Wonder, but I have no idea what Deck 4 is, so I'm guessing that's on one of the newer ships.

RC has the Solarium which is like the Quiet Cove. On some ships it's covered (or the roof is retractable, so sometimes it's open, but can be closed)

We were on Freedom & I don't remember there being anything like the Rainforest Room. They show tile loungers if you look at the spa area, but I don't remember them, although it's been awhile

Thanks those pics where taken on the Magic. Both the Magic and Dream has it is outside on the promenade it is also where the jogging trail is on the Magic. I believe is was Deck 4. Thanks for the information. I seen pictures of tile loungers but no information that is why I decided to ask.

Edited by EmptyCanvas91

Oh you were talking about the comfy chairs. (I thought there was something called 'deck 4' I didn't see the pix before I replied)

On the bigger ships they kind of replaced that outdoor deck with the Promenade, it's a good place for people watching but not fresh air. But I think on the deck above the pool deck there is a shaded area with some loungers where you can sit & enjoy the sites.

Edited by hansolosmom

I believe the OP is referring to the Promenade deck, which wraps all the way around Disney's ships. It is the jogging track and has shuffleboard and loungers.

Yes, a Promenade deck exists on Indy. It is open air. It's where you have muster drill, same as on Disney. The jogging track is not there.

As far as the rainforest room - Jewel of the Seas had a similar "thermal suite" available. I'd do a spa tour on your first day to determine if your particular ship has this and if you want to take part.

Edited by notsomadhatter
Additional Info

I believe the OP is referring to the Promenade deck, which wraps all the way around Disney's ships. It is the jogging track and has shuffleboard and loungers.

Yes, a Promenade deck exists on Indy. It's where you have muster drill, same as on Disney.

As far as the rainforest room - Jewel of the Seas had a similar "thermal suite" available. I'd do a spa tour on your first day to determine if your particular ship has this and if you want to take part.

This is exactly what I was talking about thanks. I love relaxing on it because fewer people and it excellent to get a good view of the ocean and to relax.

Edited by EmptyCanvas91

We loved deck 4 on the Magic also. It was one of my family's favorite places to go take a walk after dinner.

We just got off the Freedom Sunday and they have a deck 4. The chairs are not the cushioned type found on the Magic, but the vibe is the same. We played shuffleboard and had a great time!

Yes, Indy also has a deck 4 that is outside and wraps around the ship. It is quiet and there are loungers or chairs. Very few people sit out there. We also use it for a walking track. However, the running track is up on deck 11 or 12.

Yes, Indy also has a deck 4 that is outside and wraps around the ship. It is quiet and there are loungers or chairs. Very few people sit out there. We also use it for a walking track. However, the running track is up on deck 11 or 12.

Thanks, I know the running trail would not get used by me. LOL

We loved deck 4 on the Magic also. It was one of my family's favorite places to go take a walk after dinner.

We just got off the Freedom Sunday and they have a deck 4. The chairs are not the cushioned type found on the Magic, but the vibe is the same. We played shuffleboard and had a great time!

Thanks I love that Deck.

Ah, ok. I think you will find a quiet place like this on any rccl ship. I just cant recall which deck on which ship. I was on the wonder but couldn't remember what deck was what. We were just on the navigator last year as well and there was definitely a quiet deck that looked just like this. Again, couldn't tell you which deck.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk