Costa Magica arrival time in Venice

beaniebaby

I'm looking at flight options for this cruise. There is a return flight from Venice airport which is 11:40 am. It has the arrival time of the Magica of 9:00am into Venice. Has anyone any experience of what time they got to get off the Magica. Was it into port any earlier? Your input would be much appreciated.

I really think you will struggle with that flight time. It is about 20 - 30 minutes to the airport from the dock plus your 1 hour before check in time so you would have to ensure that you had collected your luggage and were clear to go by no later than 10am.

You could probably do a walk off with your luggage but the main issue is how long it will take the ship to clear customs and get the walkways into position.

Friends last year came into Venice with MSC and the night before arrival they were told the ship was going to be late arriving and they were seriously mucked about.

If you book the flights yourself and miss it the onus is on you to get home and that could be quite costly. I think I would err on the side of safety and book a later flight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[

quote=beaniebaby;42304962]I'm looking at flight options for this cruise. There is a return flight from Venice airport which is 11:40 am. It has the arrival time of the Magica of 9:00am into Venice. Has anyone any experience of what time they got to get off the Magica. Was it into port any earlier? Your input would be much appreciated.

I have just been offered the 1140 flight (Monarch) back to LGW in mid June - does anyone know when the Magica docks back in Venice and is there early disembarkation for people on early flights. I am told by the travel agent that they are using costa transfers to the airport, and should I miss this flight they will put us on the next available? Sound familiar to anyone?