Our 25th cruise...our first on celebrity. Got the excitement of a new cruiser!

manmtnmike

Hey experienced Celebrity cruisers...

We're really looking forward to this cruise like a newbie:D

What info can you give me about the difference between the mainstream cruise companies?

• We love music venues and dancing to classic style music. We adapted Merengue to fit disco, and great 70-90's music that has a tempo that fits.
  • What should we expect on the Reflection this coming Jan.?

We booked a:

Category:

2C

Cabin Number:

• What type of Balc cabin should we expect?
  • Any other cool things we should be looking forward to?

Thanks,

Cruise pics site: https://plus.google.com/u/0/

Mike

Edited by manmtnmike

Welcome to Celebrity. My wife and I have cruised on the Reflection in 2012 and 2013. You will find a beautiful ship with great artwork, good restaurants, and an attentive crew.

Unfortunately, dancing venues on Reflection are not one of the strong points of the ship's design in my opinion. The only dance music is normally played in the Grand Foyer by the ship's party band and a DJ is normally playing current club music late in the evenings in the Sky Observation Lounge on Deck 14.

The cabins are nice and the balcony is adequate for two persons to enjoy. If you have questions about this particular cabin you might visit the S-Class cabin thread on this board.

My wife and I enjoyed the Persian Gardens, the Solarium Pool, and the shows and live music acts onboard during our cruises. Celebrity has always provided a nice mixture of musical acts in various places around the ship, particularly in the evenings. My wife and I don't drink, but we have observed that the Martini Bar and the Molecular Bar are both very popular with our fellow cruisers.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Mike this review is by not only a first time Celebrity cruiser, but a FIRST TIME CRUISER! A wonderful look at the Reflection thru their eyes,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2006126

We are just off the Reflection, our 25th year of cruising, and the wifester said the Reflection is now her favorite all time ship to sail. IMHO, you are in for a treat sailing on a Celebrity S-Class. Please let us know how it was when you get back.

The difference from other main stream lines, hummmmm, this will get a lot of varied comments as people on the same sailing will come away with 2 totally different experiences. The best description was by a good friend, he said, 'sailing on Celebrity was like being moved from the kids table to the grown-up's table at Christmas'

Edited by wallie5446

Just have fun, you'll love it. You will enjoy not having announcements all over the ship all day long. You will love the nearly no-smoking aspect.

You will love not having to check a towel in and out at the pool or for the beach excursions. Celebrity trusts you'll return it.

You won't have activities staff corralling you to hurry and come join this or that.

It's all printed on the daily that you receive at night, and the assumption is made that you can read it and plan accordingly.

Most of all, don't try to learn everything before you go. Enjoy the newness of your first date on Reflection and enjoy the "ooh" "aaa" as you wander around her for the first time. We have yet to sail Reflection but we've been 8 times on the S class ships and we love them.