Bamboo Massage

bluerose1515

I am going on the Breeze May 4th and have prebooked the bamboo massage and was wondering if anyone has ever had one of the bamboo massages? wasn't able to find many reviews for it. Also, never had a massage before, what do you wear to one? thank you to anyone for your help/advice.

I've never even heard of a bamboo massage...Will have to Google it!

A typical massage will have you covered with sheets for "modesty" sake. I always strip down completely but you can wear your under garments if you're shy.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Bamboo massage is very similar to hot stone. It's a full body massage where warm pieces of bamboo are used to massage and relax your muscles. I find hot stone too hot but love bamboo. I'm a massage therapist and have had several. Enjoy it.

Happy sailing, Candy

Bamboo massage is very similar to hot stone. It's a full body massage where warm pieces of bamboo are used to massage and relax your muscles. I find hot stone too hot but love bamboo. I'm a massage therapist and have had several. Enjoy it.

Happy sailing, Candy

thank you, its good to know, I read the description and thought, ya that sounds good. I'm a hair stylist and hoping its good to help get knots out of my shoulders

I am going on the Breeze May 4th and have prebooked the bamboo massage and was wondering if anyone has ever had one of the bamboo massages? wasn't able to find many reviews for it. Also, never had a massage before, what do you wear to one? thank you to anyone for your help/advice.

A couple years ago when I was on the oasis of the seas, I got a free massage with my cabin. I chose the bamboo massage because I wanted to try it, when I got in there I told the lady it was my first massage ever and she was like, "and you chose the bamboo massage as your first one?!?" So What she did, was gave me a little bit of a regular Swedish massage, a little bit of a hot stone massage and a little bit of bamboo massage, so I could experience all. It's a little like the hot stone, but the lady that I had was a lot more physical with the bamboo. I really enjoyed it because I play a lot of sports and she got deep into some of my sore muscles with the bamboo. Overall I really enjoyed the bamboo. (and as I said it was my first massage as well)

Edited by skidawg79

Happy sailing, Candy

That sounds wonderful!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Sounds nice. I love massages and have a membership at a local place. I strip down all the way because there are places on your back that is low and hard to get with clothes on. They will always keep you covered and not expose areas. Do what you feel comfy with though.

DW and I did a couples bamboo on the Dream in January. I was a little skeptical as I had the hot rock and didn't like it. I wanted a deep tissue and was afraid the bamboo wouldn't deliver as the hot rock hadn't. Boy was I wrong! I loved the bamboo massage and if you want deep tissue you will love it. Think of somebody taking a rolling pin and working it up and down your body.

DW and I did a couples bamboo on the Dream in January. I was a little skeptical as I had the hot rock and didn't like it. I wanted a deep tissue and was afraid the bamboo wouldn't deliver as the hot rock hadn't. Boy was I wrong! I loved the bamboo massage and if you want deep tissue you will love it. Think of somebody taking a rolling pin and working it up and down your body.

That actually sounds like heaven and exactly what I need already. I'm so glad to have the option to prebook it. I know they offer deals once on board, but I'm def one to prepay for as much as I can before going :)))

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app