should I keep nagging the CSR for price drop after final payment?

ma_t_gus

Oh man, my cruise is now down $300 total for the 2 of us. Not enough to bump me to do a lateral move to a balcony. Of course I've already paid the final payment for my cruise next week, April 12. Should I keep calling the Carnival customer service rep about trying to throw some obc in there for me? C'mon upsell//upgrade fairy, give me a call, email... But,if the price of balcony keeps going down and is close to what I paid for in OV, I have their number in speed dial..... hehehehe :D

Edited by ma_t_gus

Depending on the fare you booked under--

If your price goes down BEFORE the final payment date you can get OBC or credit to your CC.

AFTER the final payment date only those who booked Early Saver are eligible for any price drops.

You can upsell yourself at any time.

If you didn't book Early Saver, you are up the river, without the proverbial paddle:D:D

This happened to us last year, after we booked our Breeze cruise.

After final payment, but before we cruised, it went down almost $250:mad:

We got NADA!!!!!

We were already booked in a balcony, and the upgrade to the suite was ridiculous, so we got SCREWED!!!!!!

Being a little smarter this year.........:rolleyes:

Live and learn, I guess?

What if you paid for your cruise all at once? Can you request a price drop then?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Again, it would depend on what fare you booked.

If you booked a normal fare, then your final is due 75 days prior. If you paid your final, PRIOR to that, then, YES, you are still eligible.

If you booked one of the $50 deposits, with final due 30 days prior, again, you should be eligible.

When in doubt, call:D

yea, I suck. I booked other than the early saver. Got excited and forgot about all the tips given by cc members.

:(:(:(:( Awww! You don't suck! You just learn, for the next time.

Believe me, I feel your pain.:D

:(:(:(:( Awww! You don't suck! You just learn, for the next time.

Believe me, I feel your pain.:D

You are right. The bonding time with my 18yo who is about to leave NJ for Boston or Florida ( the reason for our cruise and trip next week) is priceless.

Again, it would depend on what fare you booked.

If you booked a normal fare, then your final is due 75 days prior. If you paid your final, PRIOR to that, then, YES, you are still eligible.

If you booked one of the $50 deposits, with final due 30 days prior, again, you should be eligible.

When in doubt, call:D

Thanks!!! :)

I booked through Travelocity, only because they offered an additional $150 OBC on top of the $100 OBC I was offered from Carnival. How can I tell what rate (ES, etc) I am booked under? Also, if I am booked ES, am I correct to assume that if I do find a lower rate, I would lose all OBC if I push for the price drop?

I think I got a good deal anyway with all of the OBC, so I should probably leave well enough alone.