HELP NEEDED:Breeze or Sunshine(Miami or Orlando)(6 nights or 8 nights)(New or Refurb)

sag1804

Haha but Miami before is a vacation in itself. I'm just worried about all these reviews that it's so crowded etc. The cruise I'm trying it on doesn't have a true sea day so I'm not sure I'll be able to really know. ( Orlando straight to Freeport and back)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

imo short cruise out of Miami begs to hang @ south beach area for at least a day, so much to see & do there.

In Orlando (cruising or not) we hang out @ Universal's citiwalk complex but have met up with friends who bunk in Cocoa beach the night before cruising and like coconuts on the beach-restaurant & bar.

Something to keep in mind as well.

Downtown Orlando is still an hour away from the port.

All of the hotels in downtown Miami are an easy 15 min ride to the port.

As far as the difference between the two ports...I think Miami is the best for embarkation/debarkation. It's laid out much better than Port Canaveral.

I also think leaving Miami on the ship is a much nicer view than PC. While it's neat seeing the old shuttle launch pads (If it's clear), nothing beats the view of Miami as you're heading out.

If I were travelling with a big group as you are I'd go with the longer cruise. I have yet to sail the Breeze but on the Sunshine we did plenty late night. The Liquid Lounge isn't the only spot to have a good time late at night. The Havana Bar had live music and dancing. We also enjoyed the Red Frog Pub and the Alchemy Bar during the nights. I have an 8 day cruise coming up on the Sunshine in September with about 6 cabins of friends and I know we are going to enjoy it. Either way though you all should have a good week so bring up the pros to each cruise to your group and enjoy it as there aren't any cons.

Haha but Miami before is a vacation in itself. I'm just worried about all these reviews that it's so crowded etc. The cruise I'm trying it on doesn't have a true sea day so I'm not sure I'll be able to really know. ( Orlando straight to Freeport and back)

It did feel crowded in the hallways/moving areas but there are lots of less busy spots, and even quiet ones, onboard. We loved the Havana Bar and spent a lot of time in the Red Frog Pub (great guitar player). I do feel your conflict because the Breeze is my number one ship for Carnival - we have rebooked it for next year.

Good luck with your choice - there is no wrong answer!

Something to keep in mind as well.

Downtown Orlando is still an hour away from the port.

All of the hotels in downtown Miami are an easy 15 min ride to the port.

As far as the difference between the two ports...I think Miami is the best for embarkation/debarkation. It's laid out much better than Port Canaveral.

I also think leaving Miami on the ship is a much nicer view than PC. While it's neat seeing the old shuttle launch pads (If it's clear), nothing beats the view of Miami as you're heading out.

You have made some VERY good points. Doubt it cost us 30 bucks each round trip for a Miami port drop off coming from South Beach =) We LOVE SOBE. I am still torn because some people I know are doing Sunshine no matter what and others want the Breeze. I organize it so I have to know after I get back from the sunshine next week. I LOVEEEE the breeze though, Best carnival ship by far.

I don’t know why they call it Orlando. May be because of all the theme parks there. It’s Port Canaveral.

I think both ships are about the same except that the Breeze is a little bigger.

The Sunshine has more water slides the Breeze has the thrill theater.

They both have Guys burgers and all of the bars.

I would take the eight day over the six day.

Port Canaveral over Miami.

Sail on the Sunshine.

I don’t know why they call it Orlando. May be because of all the theme parks there. It’s Port Canaveral.

I think both ships are about the same except that the Breeze is a little bigger.

Sail on the Sunshine.

Why PC over MIA?

I guess those slides would be used a lot with 4 sea days :)

Sail on the Sunshine.

The Breeze is a "Dream" class ship. The Sunshine is a "Destiny" class ship.

The Breeze is almost 110' longer and about 6' wider. It also has 3 more decks, it's also a newer ship (Not counting the refurb the Sunshine went through).

As for my "15 min" comment about the a taxi to the Port of Miami from downtown...I was referring to the time, not the cost.

Regardless it's still MUCh cheaper to go from downtown/SOBE to the port, than it is from Orlando to PC.

The Breeze is a "Dream" class ship. The Sunshine is a "Destiny" class ship.

The Breeze is almost 110' longer and about 6' wider. It also has 3 more decks, it's also a newer ship (Not counting the refurb the Sunshine went through).

As for my "15 min" comment about the a taxi to the Port of Miami from downtown...I was referring to the time, not the cost.

Regardless it's still MUCh cheaper to go from downtown/SOBE to the port, than it is from Orlando to PC.

well I am glad I am at about 80 percent sure I will do the Breeze with my group...just checking out the sunshine next week! But 2 days won't be enough but man I cleared my phone out so I can take as many pics as possible and post! Any other suggestions or things people want to see let me know!

I was on last month best ship food great staff was sweet and kind

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I mean I like the Breeze and have been on it. Never had such a hard time deciding. HELPPP!!!!:eek:

I have not personally been on either but am awaiting the summer '15

Breeze release as that is what our plans our for next year. That said

I would pick the Breeze. Just a newer ship and

when we went on the Liberty last year got to see Miami for the first time

which was awesome and would love to go back!!:)

We did the Breeze last year for our Honeymoon. Beautiful ship but very crowded. You have to time your travel round this ship as in the evenings its tough to get an elevator that isn't full.

On Sea days unless you best get to Serenity early to get a seat.

The music on lido deck then was a lone acoustic guitarist sounding straight out of a Seattle coffeehouse on a rainy day.

Guy's Burgers, Red Frog Pub were favorite places of ours, as was the Steakhouse.

Our first trip aboard the Sunshine is in May. With regard to "customer service surveys", if they are anything like in my current occupation, a fair amount of them are written with anger and innaccuracies, and worse yet, anonymously. I'm sure the Company gets a chuckle out of some of them, as those with the most vitrol come from repeat customers who keep booking.

I read where there is less karaoke on the Sunshine. Our last trip on the Freedom two years ago found about fifty of us using the former Cigar Bar as a pre-dinner retreat, rather than stand like cattle in the alcove. A karaoke machine was then set up. An handful of enthusiastic American Idol wannabes began performing. All but a few opted to rejoin the herd......

Edited by zephyrhillscruisers

I have not personally been on either but am awaiting the summer '15

Breeze release as that is what our plans our for next year. That said

I would pick the Breeze. Just a newer ship and

when we went on the Liberty last year got to see Miami for the first time

which was awesome and would love to go back!!:)

Yeah! See Miami is a selling point to get people in and to get people doing before cruise fun there