Majesty 7 day in 2006

Can anyone give me any feedback on the Majesty of the Seas?

I noticed it usually does 3 and 4 day cruises but in Dec 2006 it will do a 7-nighter to include Ocho Rios, Key West, Coco Cay and Nassau. I know this is an older ship but it will be our first cruise so we won't have anything to compare it to. We are thinking about doing an on-board wedding also. Does anyone know what type of facilities the Majesty has for weddings? Any feedback is appreciated!!:)

The Majesty is a wonderful ship but, if this if your first cruise, and you want to do a 7-niter, why not take one of the newer ones? I just checked prices, and the Explorer is a lot less expensive for a 7-niter than the Majesty is for the same period of time (Majesty: Inside cabin - $949, Oceanview - $1049; Explorer: Inside 599, Oceanview $748, balcony - $847 [which is less expensive than Majesty's inside!!), and I think the itinerary is better. The Explorer has a lot more going on than the Majesty, which is an older ship. I didn't check out any other ships during the period of time.

Michele

My fiance wants this itinerary. He has been to ST.Thomas and wants to go to Nassau and Ocho Rios. I will most likely have to choose between Majesty itinerary and Explorer's price/newer ship. :o

I agree with Michuck. I haven't been on Majesty, but I have been on Sovereign, which is the same class as Majesty. I think for a 3 or 4 night cruise, that Majesty or Sovereign would be great as a starter cruise (it was for me), but for longer I would recommend a larger ship. The staterooms on Majesty will be much smaller than on Explorer (or any other Voyager class ship), and there will be a lot less activities offered on Majesty. Also, the Voyager class ships have a wedding chapel available, not sure about Majesty. If the Explorer's itinerary is not to your liking, there are others. Navigator is offering a Western Caribbean cruise leaving on Dec. 23rd which goes to Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozymel.

My first cruise was on Majesty this year and I loved it. I would have loved to of spent a week on this ship for my first time. It took me about three days to really get hold of how to get around the ship. I never did see some of the ship due to the frequent stops at port. It was a lovely time, I highly reccommend Majesty for a first cruiser.

Archived