FTTF on the Valor

lancer74

I wouldnt bother with it, since you have all day to board the ship and there are no tender ports. Our friends were on board just after us and thier luggage also arrived around the same time as ours. We are platinum they are gold.

Enjoy the cruise it was awesome!! I only wish there was one more sea day.

Just got off a couple weeks ago. Don't waste your money on the FTTF

drop your bags at the pier 10:30ish, and head over to the rum factory with your carry on.

We had back packs and had no problem carrying them through the tour.

The ferry is just down a block, and was like 50 cents each way because it was Sunday?

on the other side grab a cab I think it is about $3pp

Or take a cab from the port and ferry back that is what we did, but there was a group of us so it was only $5 each.

We had our tour and our free drinks, we spent a couple hours relaxing there.

Grabbed a cab in the parking area and headed to the ferry.

Ferried back, stopped by the little market for some wine? or what ever and pretty much just walked right on board.

It was so easy I do not even recall checking in?

We went right to our cabin, to drop our back packs and our luggage was waiting for us.

Then we headed right up to the fish and chips on deck ten, NO LINE, and had the best fish and chips freshly cooked ever!

So those are my little hints for this cruise :)

One other would be don't book Island tours for every port. Make at least one just a beach day.

Enjoy your cruise :)

IMHO... The reason for FTTF is to be able to board earlier as well as priority tickets for tenders. Since there are no tender ports and the ship does not leave until 10:00 pm both of those things are not very important or not necessary at all. We have done this cruise 2 times before in 2010 and 2012 (it was on the Victory before the Victory and Valor traded places) and have review links to both in my signature. Like other posters have said. Just come and drop your luggage and even check in if you like then get off and go explore San Juan for a few hours then you still have time to get on and eat. I think you are required to be back on board by 8:30 pm then muster at 9:00. You will love this cruise, have a great time.

We had it last month because our flights for everyone in the group landed at 2 pm and that tends to be the time most planes arrive in San Juan. It was nice to have a special line to check in at and at guest services on the ship. But is it really necessary? No. We could've gone without and it would've been fine. But peace of mind was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm also sailing on the Valor in 60 days & thought about getting it since I've done so with in the past & loved it. I usually get it regardless if there are tender ports or not, I love the fact that I can board early & go straight to my room. But since I don't see the need to go straight to the room this trip, I'll just make sure my carry on doesn't weigh the usual ton & go exploring.