Steakhouse

ccb1969

Just got off the Dream yesterday. We ate at the Steakhouse once. I had no problem getting reservations onboard two days ahead of time. I was told the first two nights were booked by the first day, the rest were no problem. Not sure how your cruise will be.

They put a card with our reservation on our door the day of. Kinda nice. Food was good. Service was good but nothing more than a good night in the MDR (it was hit or miss there). We both got the Surf and Turf. Our res was for 7P. They had plenty of open seats but not sure if they would fill all at one time or not. Easiest way to book a res when onboard was to just call Guest Services from your cabin phone. I went to the Steakhouse several times to book a res and nobody was there to take a reservation. I think the phone goes to a central area.

That's the evening of embarkation.

I'm a grammar nerd, so.....not necessarily.

"The evening after embarkation" can mean the same evening of the day you embark, but just AFTER embarkation -- you know, in the evening AFTER embarkation

Or, it can mean what you think it means, the evening of the following day.

When I read his post the first time I wasn't confused.

We will be on the Dream on 4/20/14, I was wondering do most people make their reservations before getting on ship? Or, do you do it as soon as you get on?Thanks

We have always waited till we were on board but made the reservation straight away. But after reading this lot I went ahead and booked early this year.

I think most people make their resv. as soon as they board. Unless it is a special holiday such as Valentines day you should have no problem being accommodated. We have done 27 cruises and usually do the steakhouse [or whatever the particular line we are on calls it] at least once and never have had a problem with getting a resv. although we are pretty flexible about day and time. All the premium restaurants are worth the extra charge. We really like Carnivals. But all are good.