Allison & David's Carnival Valor (3/2/14) Anniversary Adventure

ucfalli

Congrats on your anniversary! I remember reading your honeymoon review and loved it. This one was great! We did this cruise back in 09 and it was nice hearing what you did in each port. We loved this itinerary, specifically St. Lucia. We hope to do this same cruise again in the near future.

I love to read reviews of past cruises as well. Glad you enjoyed!

What a great review! You are a cute couple and I loved your dresses. I was wondering if the ship was run down? I thought it was going into drydock this year but it got changed.

Thanks!!

I don't think the ship was run down at all. I really didn't notice any wear and tear. The Miracle on the other hand I did notice some wear and tear when we were on it last year.

Love your review! Looking forward to our cruise in July 2015, Its our sons graduation present with his best friend who is also graduating and his family. I do have one question...The Mexican buffet, is it every night? I do miss the late night buffets.

Are there any tender ports on this iteniary?

Nope. Easy on and off. Another reason why I don't think Faster to the Fun is worth it on this cruise.

Love your review! Looking forward to our cruise in July 2015, Its our sons graduation present with his best friend who is also graduating and his family. I do have one question...The Mexican buffet, is it every night? I do miss the late night buffets.

Only one night is the Mexican buffet. It will be listed in the fun times in the dinning section. Have fun!

So the suspense is killing me... how did Poko do in your absence? Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Coming up! I got wrap up in other stuff and forgot to post about Poko :D

Thanks for sharing about the flamenco show. I need to save that tip for our trip.

Glad to help!

The Poko Update:

ry%3D400

For those who read our Alaskan cruise adventure, you know that we brought Poko to South Florida. It turned out being a bad idea. Poko wouldn't move, eat, drink for a few days. In the end she decided to make the best of it, however she clearly had lost weight when we returned.

For this trip we decided to leave her at home and just have friends and family check in on her. This ended up being a good decision. In the end she seemed to be a lot more happy.

Part of getting ready to leave, I had to leave books/heavy objects in front of all the doors. Poko is a very peculiar cat. Forget trying to open doors...I have a cat that likes to close doors on herself! So I had to make sure she didn't trap herself in any of the rooms while we were gone.

ry%3D400

Believe it or not. When David's parents checked in on her a couple days after we left, she has closed a couple of the doors partially. I can't believe how strong she is!....nor how determined she is to put herself in timeout. ;)

David's parents ended up checking in her a couple more times due them being concerned about her locking herself in a room....lol

Our good friends also checked in on her during the week, reporting that she was VERY happy to see them.

Poko can be quite shy around other people. Not while we were gone... My mother-in-law, who rarely has even seen Poko, reported that poko was rubbing against her, desperate to be petted.

When we arrived back home, Poko was VERY happy to see us. She literally meowed at us for about an hour. The next day she followed me around the house. She wouldn't leave my sight. I think she was very concerned about me leaving her again.

ry%3D400

In the end Poko was more happy in the surroundings she knew. It worked out well with people checking in on her. She got lonely, but she most certainly appreciated any petting she could get. :D

The Poko Update:

ry%3D400

For those who read our Alaskan cruise adventure, you know that we brought Poko to South Florida. It turned out being a bad idea. Poko wouldn't move, eat, drink for a few days. In the end she decided to make the best of it, however she clearly had lost weight when we returned.

For this trip we decided to leave her at home and just have friends and family check in on her. This ended up being a good decision. In the end she seemed to be a lot more happy.

Part of getting ready to leave, I had to leave books/heavy objects in front of all the doors. Poko is a very peculiar cat. Forget trying to open doors...I have a cat that likes to close doors on herself! So I had to make sure she didn't trap herself in any of the rooms while we were gone.

ry%3D400

Believe it or not. When David's parents checked in on her a couple days after we left, she has closed a couple of the doors partially. I can't believe how strong she is!....nor how determined she is to put herself in timeout. ;)

David's parents ended up checking in her a couple more times due them being concerned about her locking herself in a room....lol

Our good friends also checked in on her during the week, reporting that she was VERY happy to see them.

Poko can be quite shy around other people. Not while we were gone... My mother-in-law, who rarely has even seen Poko, reported that poko was rubbing against her, desperate to be petted.

When we arrived back home, Poko was VERY happy to see us. She literally meowed at us for about an hour. The next day she followed me around the house. She wouldn't leave my sight. I think she was very concerned about me leaving her again.

ry%3D400

In the end Poko was more happy in the surroundings she knew. It worked out well with people checking in on her. She got lonely, but she most certainly appreciated any petting she could get. :D

She is such a beautiful cat. I leave behind 7 and have always had a good friend come feed and pooper scoop everyday. Mine too like to close doors so I always prop them open & cover up furniture in case of accident. I think it helps since they keep each other company. Cats are so different from dogs. I think most dogs do ok if they go somewhere else but cats are creatures of habit so they like to stay put!!

She is such a beautiful cat. I leave behind 7 and have always had a good friend come feed and pooper scoop everyday. Mine too like to close doors so I always prop them open & cover up furniture in case of accident. I think it helps since they keep each other company. Cats are so different from dogs. I think most dogs do ok if they go somewhere else but cats are creatures of habit so they like to stay put!!

Oh boy 7 cats!. I'm sure they do keep each other company. Glad to know that Poko isn't the only kitty that is crazy enough to close doors on herself. :D

• 9 months later...