thompson celebration 5th may

We are flying from bournemouth to turkey on 5th may to take agean and holyland cruise

Does anyone know the turkey visa situation, weve been told by one agent we dont need one if going on a cruise and onother agent said we must get one at airport and the 3rd said we must get one onlinel all thompson agents .

Also is anyone taking any private excursions as we would be interested in sharing one on the first day but are new to cruising so dont know how to go about it.

Thanks

I'm on this cruise as well! I will be buying our visa's online before we go. As far as I understand you need a Visa if your cruise starts or ends in Turkey but not if you are stopping off in the country for a day for excursions, etc. it costs $20 online or £20 at the airport, saving just short of 50% if you buy in advance.

Thanks, Sean

We are flying from bournemouth to turkey on 5th may to take agean and holyland cruise

Does anyone know the turkey visa situation, weve been told by one agent we dont need one if going on a cruise and onother agent said we must get one at airport and the 3rd said we must get one onlinel all thompson agents .

Also is anyone taking any private excursions as we would be interested in sharing one on the first day but are new to cruising so dont know how to go about it.

Thanks

Hi Bartonboy,

I posted this a few weeks ago:

Phoned my TA and they got in touch with the Thomson visa dept and they confirmed visas WILL be required if flying in to Turkey and this from UK gov site:

Entry requirements

Visas

British nationals need a visa to enter Turkey, except for cruise ship passengers with ‘British Citizen’ passports entering the country for a day trip, remaining in the port of embarkation and returning to the ship the same day.

British Citizens can get a multiple entry visitor visa, valid for 90 days, on arrival at any port of entry on payment of £10 in cash (Scottish currency is not accepted). You can also get an e-visa in advance online (if you’re visiting as a tourist or on business) or from the Turkish Consulate in London.

From 10 April 2014, it will not be possible to get a visa on arrival. If you’re arriving in Turkey after that date, you will need to get an e-visa online before you travel. Cruise ship passengers with ‘British Citizen’ passports entering the country for a day trip, remaining in the port of embarkation and returning to the ship the same day will continue to be able to enter Turkey without a visa or e-visa.

Hope this helps. I'll need to get them as well - we go on Celebration 16th June and fly into Dalaman.

Hi Bartonboy

Are you doing a cruise and stay in Turkey? If not and you're doing cruise only, then you do not require a visa. You are taken straight from the airport to the ship. Hope this helps. We are doing the same trip later in May.

This has recently changed. You do now need a visa as a cruise passenger. You can either get it online at www.evisa.gov.tr or at Dalaman airport.

They are trying to come to a similar arrangement like they had before but until then a visa will be required.

It is $20 dollars online but £20 at Dalaman. So, cheaper online but you may not need it if they come to an arrangement. It would depend whether you have time to wait and see.

We're on this cruise, information from Thomson indicated that a visa was needed, purchased ours online for $20 each won't have to worry about it now.:)
thanks for info we have now got our visas onlne, a bit of hassle but we got there

Have you thought of sharing a taxi to tel aviv or jerusalem

thanks for info we have now got our visas onlne, a bit of hassle but we got there

Have you thought of sharing a taxi to tel aviv or jerusalem

Haven't given it much thought yet, only booked yesterday:D Have you got prices? I've read somewhere about a local company that does tours, Jerusalem and Bethlehem was one of the tours, I sent them an email last night I'll let you know the response.

We are also on this cruise. I did our e-visa's a couple of weeks ago.

We looked at doing a diy thing for the trip to Bethlehem and Jerusalem, but decided to book with Thomson. It all looked a bit complicated on the DIY side for us - we normally always DIY, but we were a bit worried about going through customs etc so thought it would be easier to go with an official trip.

We booked it on line, it was around £100 each