Ketchikan Downtown Post Office?

derdejoh

I know in the past there was a USPS contractor in downtown Ketchikan near the cruise piers, but in searching the internet it sounds like that location has closed. It seems like the USPS keeps promising to find a new contract location soon. So, does anybody have the latest scuttlebutt? Will there be a mail facility within walking distance of the piers in Ketchikan this summer? We'll be there the first part of June and Ketchikan is our last US port so I was hoping to lighten our suitcases some by shipping stuff home using a flat rate box.

I know in the past there was a USPS contractor in downtown Ketchikan near the cruise piers, but in searching the internet it sounds like that location has closed. It seems like the USPS keeps promising to find a new contract location soon. So, does anybody have the latest scuttlebutt? Will there be a mail facility within walking distance of the piers in Ketchikan this summer? We'll be there the first part of June and Ketchikan is our last US port so I was hoping to lighten our suitcases some by shipping stuff home using a flat rate box.

According to Google Maps the Post Office (located in a taxidermy shop) is just three blocks from the cruise dock.

US Post Office, 422 Mission St, Ketchikan, AK 99901 Google maps picture: https://www.google.com/maps/@55.341695,-131.644933,3a,75y,190.8h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sIoi-ehpxoFazupdFdpujig!2e0

We have used this on two of our past excursions to mail home all of those Tongass Trading Company souvenir jackets and ulu knives. We stopped by a stationary store and bought some used boxes for $1 each as well as some packing tape.

Edited by Crew News

According to Google Maps the Post Office (located in a taxidermy shop) is just three blocks from the cruise dock.

US Post Office, 422 Mission St, Ketchikan, AK 99901 Google maps picture: https://www.google.com/maps/@55.341695,-131.644933,3a,75y,190.8h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sIoi-ehpxoFazupdFdpujig!2e0

I do hope that one is still there, because we have used it in the past as well! However, it is not listed on the USPS website and I thought I had read an article that it closed a year or more ago?

I do hope that one is still there, because we have used it in the past as well! However, it is not listed on the USPS website and I thought I had read an article that it closed a year or more ago?

It was Item A on the USPS website for Ketchikan: https://www.google.com/search?q=us+post+office+ketichakan&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb