When do you pay for Drinks Packages?

Newcruise2014

There are two options to add them online. The one priced in your own currency (I.e. Pounds in your case) is added to your invoice and is payable with your cruise balance. The one priced in the currency of the ship (Euros or USD) is added to your onboard account and paid on the day of disembarkation.

The prices can be quite different so it is worth checking both. The easier one is the onboard price and obtained from the 'onboard services' link from the MSC homepage. The pre-pay option is obtained by first logging in ( or registering), choosing 'my reservation' and the link from there, or, alternatively, and far easier, telephoning and asking a human to add the package manually.

The final consideration is MSC Club points. You gain one point for each night onboard but you also gain a point for each multiple of 200 USD or Euros spent onboard. The daily hotel charge (automatic tipping) and any post-paid drinks packages count towards this. Pre-paid packages obviously do not count. The biggest benefit of the MSC Club are discounts, 5-20%, off all future cruises.

The final consideration is MSC Club points. You gain one point for each night onboard but you also gain a point for each multiple of 200 USD or Euros spent onboard. The daily hotel charge (automatic tipping) and any post-paid drinks packages count towards this. Pre-paid packages obviously do not count. The biggest benefit of the MSC Club are discounts, 5-20%, off all future cruises.

I must agree with Tim I have for the last couple of cruises put all my family on one booking and all the expenditure on my credit card, I nearly reached Black last time but failed by 5 night or €1000

David