Hydrotherapy pool - is there a fee?

cruisin'sz

This was my favorite place on the Zuiderdam, the Thermal Suite. You get to use not only the hydrotherapy pool (and the room to relax in), but the rest of the thermal suite as well. Saundas, mist booths, inhalation rooms, and those heated turkish couches that are in front of the huge windows. Classical music plays in the background while water tinkles in a tiny waterfall. I spent at least an hour a day there on my cruise, and fell asleep on the couches every time! I had a special rate of half-price (a card appeared in my suite after taking a tour of the spa facilities) for the last 6 days of the cruise. Otherwise it would have been $120 for 7 days at that time. I think they adjusted the price to $15 a day now.

Last week on the Zuiderdam the weekly rate was $80 for the hypro pool and $150 for the hydro pool and the thermal suite together. The price of both for two for the week was $250. I personally did not enjoy the thermal suite - the steam rooms were very hot - so hot it was hard for me to breath and the ceramic loungers are very hard. If you use a cushion - you don't feel the heat. BUT we very much enjoyed the hydro pool.

I'm hoping I get a little card in my room again if I tour the new spa on the Statendam. I imagine the cost for a 17 day cruise for two without a discount for the entire thermal suite will be pretty darn high. Hubby and I got a great deal on the Zuiderdam for 6 days last cruise, half price for both for use of the entire suite.

I put towels under me when I used the couches, then they felt perfect to me and I always feel asleep and had a great nap. But then, I like hard beds too.

I can't use the steam rooms because of my asthma, but I liked the mist booths (4 different scents) and the inhalation room.

I absolutely loved the hydro pool too, the bubble tubes and everything.

Last week on the Zuiderdam the weekly rate was $80 for the hypro pool and $150 for the hydro pool and the thermal suite together. The price of both for two for the week was $250. I personally did not enjoy the thermal suite - the steam rooms were very hot - so hot it was hard for me to breath and the ceramic loungers are very hard. If you use a cushion - you don't feel the heat. BUT we very much enjoyed the hydro pool.

The Westerdam charged $29 for a complete day pass to thermal suite and hydro pool. I think there was the $15 fee as well, but, frankly, the spa people don't tell you that AND they try to sell you the pass for the entire voyage. I think it's too expensive and there is so much to do and see...can't spend every minute soaking?

Also, look out for the specials that go on either during port days or towards the end of the cruise. They had "free admission with any treatment" days and, I think, even one $5.00 day.

The negative about waiting is that you might not get the perfect spa massage time. However, get yourself on a waiting list and see if you aren't called.

I agree the pass for the entire voyage, even for the 7 days, was too high. That's why I was so thrilled with my half price invitation showing up in my suite. I'm hoping I can get a similar deal on my 17 day cruise if I take another spa tour.

The Westerdam charged $29 for a complete day pass to thermal suite and hydro pool. I think there was the $15 fee as well, but, frankly, the spa people don't tell you that AND they try to sell you the pass for the entire voyage. I think it's too expensive and there is so much to do and see...can't spend every minute soaking?

Also, look out for the specials that go on either during port days or towards the end of the cruise. They had "free admission with any treatment" days and, I think, even one $5.00 day.

The negative about waiting is that you might not get the perfect spa massage time. However, get yourself on a waiting list and see if you aren't called.

Archived