Getaway/Breakaway MUST HAVE specialty restaurants and why?

ChiMimi69

1. Cagneys (BEST meal we've had on any ship/cruise so far)

2. Teppanyaki (we liked it as much as similar land hibachi restaurants)

3. La Cucina (doesn't get much love here - we loved it!)

The only disappointment we had was with Moderno - we saved it for last because of all of the great reviews but it was definitely just "meh" in comparison to the other three listed.

Good luck deciding :D I can't wait to try them out on the Getaway next year!

Thank you all for your input!!! I'm making a top 4 list now! :D So, here is my list (in no specific order).

Le Bistro

Cagneys

Teppanyaki

Moderno

Since these places are open for lunch, is the lunch menu very different than the dinner menu??? :confused:

Thank you all for your input!!! I'm making a top 4 list now! :D So, here is my list (in no specific order).

Le Bistro

Cagneys

Teppanyaki

Moderno

Since these places are open for lunch, is the lunch menu very different than the dinner menu??? :confused:

They are not open for lunch, with the exception of Teppanyaki, but I believe that is only 1 or 2 days.

They are not open for lunch, with the exception of Teppanyaki, but I believe that is only 1 or 2 days.

I've never sailed NCL before so, thanks for clarifying. It actually was Teppanyaki that I heard was open for lunch and I just assumed the rest were too! :( Oh well!

I had a Teppanyaki lunch on Epic and I thought it was OK. If you like dinner and a juggling show, or have kids who would be amused by onion volcanos or other tricks, then go for it. For pure food value, I liked a typical MDR dinner better.

Just to emphasize that everyone's experience differs -- we just got off Breakaway this morning and dined at Teppanyaki last night. Husband and I agree it was by far the best meal we ate all week, and we were in the Haven so had access to their "upgraded" restaurant as well. Teppanyaki was better, and not because of the show (although, yes, kids AND adults were enjoying it all around us). But for me, if you could pick ONE, this would be it.

For comparison we also dined at Cagney's and found it good but nothing better than the MDR. Have eaten at Moderno and La Cucina on the Dawn and enjoyed both, probably more so than Cagney's.