Wind...9pm Flight! What To Do?

POOKS

Hi,

Has Anyone Gotten Off The Ncl Wind And Had Their Flight At 9pm? Any Ideas About What To Do With The Luggage In Order To Sightsee? Where Can You Go For 9 Hours With The Luggage? Are There Any Hotels That Do "day Rooms"?

Thanks.....

Day rooms have been on again off again. What they are doing now may not be what they will do when you sail. I was able to get one through the POA, but a couple weeks later, the hotel stopped it.

You can check your luggage at the port for $5 per bag. They will hold them until 7:00 pm.

Pose this question on the Hawaii board. There are some very helpful people from Hawaii on it that may be more up to date.

Pooks: I don't know about day rooms at hotels, but I do know that NCL offers several shore excursions in Honolulu on disembarkation day. They had a great one that went all day and was only available to those with late flights. It included Pearl Harbor, USS Missouri, Punchbowl Cemetary, and part of the shoreline. If you take an NCL shore excursion on disembarkation day, you get priority disembarkation and your luggage is put under the tour bus that you are on and goes with you! Then the tour drops you and your luggage off at the airport.

The problem with doing a Honolulu tour on your own is what to do with your luggage as well as getting to Pearl Harbor in time. Pearl Harbor is very busy and most of the launch tickets are handed out by 11:00 a.m. (and those are for 4:30 or 5:00 p.m. tours, which would be pushing it getting to the airport and checked in in time.) That is why I would take an NCL shore excursion over doing it yourself.

Just back from the Wind and on the day we got off the ship we took an 8 hr. bus tour that I found to be wonderful, the Big Kahuna tour. Was dropped off at the airport about 2 hrs. before flight with luggage. Still suffering from jet lag, that 6 hr. time difference is a monster even though I spent 2 nights in L.A. before and after the cruise. Have fun!!

Archived