30 days to go and a few Dawn questions

glm7777

1. Can I bring my own happy birthday decorations to decorate our door and room with?

2. What time are the evening shows? I am trying to plan a birthday dinner for my daughter and want to make reservations at Moderno but not sure if we should go before or after the show. (on a sea day)

3. When I booked with a wholesale club travel agent, he asked if we were celebrating anything onboard. I told him about DD's birthday and he added a cake to our reservation. How does that work? Can we have it served at the restaurant that night or must we have it in our cabin?

4. What is the best way for DD (24) to meet other people her own age? I'm sure she doesn't want to spend all her time with her mother LOL! Is it appropriate to go to the roll call board and ask if there are any solo travellers going to be sailing that cruise? Or at least other young people without kiddos? She is unattached and would enjoy spending some of her time with other cruisers (male and female) of the same status.

5. For her birthday I'd like to give her a gift certificate to the spa. If I order it online through NCL, can it be printed or will they mail me an actual card? It doesn't really say on the website.

Whew - that was more than a couple of questions but as it gets closer I have more and more questions! I guess I'm a little nervous about my first cruise. Now if I were going to Disney, I know that place like the back of my hand!

Thanks for all the great info on these boards!!!

1. Can I bring my own happy birthday decorations to decorate our door and room with? Yes

2. What time are the evening shows? I am trying to plan a birthday dinner for my daughter and want to make reservations at Moderno but not sure if we should go before or after the show. (on a sea day) 7 & 9 PM

3. When I booked with a wholesale club travel agent, he asked if we were celebrating anything onboard. I told him about DD's birthday and he added a cake to our reservation. How does that work? Can we have it served at the restaurant that night or must we have it in our cabin? Our experience is that if you let your servers know there is a birthday, they will bring a cake to the table and sing HB. I am sure you can arrange to serve your cake ahead of time.

4. What is the best way for DD (24) to meet other people her own age? I'm sure she doesn't want to spend all her time with her mother LOL! Is it appropriate to go to the roll call board and ask if there are any solo travellers going to be sailing that cruise? Or at least other young people without kiddos? She is unattached and would enjoy spending some of her time with other cruisers (male and female) of the same status.

5. For her birthday I'd like to give her a gift certificate to the spa. If I order it online through NCL, can it be printed or will they mail me an actual card? It doesn't really say on the website.

Whew - that was more than a couple of questions but as it gets closer I have more and more questions! I guess I'm a little nervous about my first cruise. Now if I were going to Disney, I know that place like the back of my hand!

Thanks for all the great info on these boards!!!

Others will chime in to answer your other questions. Enjoy your cruise.

Hi glm7777,

Our roll call has been pretty quiet so I'm not sure what kind of response you would get asking about other single 20 somethings being on the cruise but it certainly can't hurt to ask.

On our last cruise our son bought a spa gift certificate for my wife (his mother) and it was delivered to our stateroom on the date that he specified when he purchased it. It was of course a generic spa gift certificate not a purchase of a specific service.

I have not been on the Dawn, but I have been on the Star...her sister ship. I would assume things are pretty similar.

Shows were at 7 and 9 each evening.

There was a solo/single meet and mingle each evening offered on the ship. If she is outgoing and willing to jump in and meet people that might be the place.

We brought our own decorations (printed on magnetic "paper") to decorate our door, and had no problems.

I would think your TA could specify a day/meal for the cake to be presented.

The gift certificate, if you choose to buy one, will be placed in the cabin on the bed at turn down your first night on board.

What an amazing birthday! Have a wonderful time!