Experienced cruisers advice/wisdom needed!!!!

navigator71

:confused:So I have spent so much time researching about the spa rooms and finally put a deposit on a room last night with their current special going on. I woke up this morning feeling like a complete idiot because I remembered, too late, that our plan for this cruise is to bring our four boys....meaning booking two different cabins, one under my name and one under my husbands and then just switching out cards so he and I are staying in the cabin booked with just two adults. Problem I woke up with was, how do I get my husband to have the spa perks if his name is on another room? My 17 year old son will be "officially" in the spa room and we can switch out cards but I am assuming at time of signing him up online for the room, they will alert me that he can not use the spa due to age. SOOOOOOO....please help me! Is there a way to make this work with out alerting Carnival that we are switching cards once we are checked in. If I am too confusing, I am sorry...I will clarify if I need to. Really wanted the spa room for my husband and I!!!:(

FYI, you can book your kids in a different room than you and your husband as long as the room is close. We have done this for the past 4 years with my kids across the hall. In the past you had to have an adult booked in each room but this is no longer the case if your room is within a certain number of cabins away from your kids.

I agree that if the cabin for the boys is nearby that you can switch your husband and son to get the spa perks for your husband. Where is the other cabin located? If it is an inside you could also move them to a Spa Inside.

Ugh...I can't get a room for 4 in the spa interior rooms but I can if there's 3 or 2 pax in there....and I was going to book the teens in the cheapest room available as a gty room so I have no idea yet where they will be until a week or so before the cruise...I was trying to save money by booking gty interior... Suggestions now? Should I even mention to a Carnival rep that I'd like to book a room in the spa area and another cabin anywhere on the ship? I am wondering if I can put my husband as the user of the spa since my son can't use it....I would say he's staying in the room with the kids while I am in the spa room so can he use the spa as the second user?

Ugh...I can't get a room for 4 in the spa interior rooms but I can if there's 3 or 2 pax in there....and I was going to book the teens in the cheapest room available as a gty room so I have no idea yet where they will be until a week or so before the cruise...I was trying to save money by booking gty interior... Suggestions now? Should I even mention to a Carnival rep that I'd like to book a room in the spa area and another cabin anywhere on the ship? I am wondering if I can put my husband as the user of the spa since my son can't use it....I would say he's staying in the room with the kids while I am in the spa room so can he use the spa as the second user?

Another option for you is to drop the spa cabin, put yourselves in a guarantee cabin that is linked to the one your boys are in and just pay the $250 for a couples pass to the spa. That way you get the spa access and a cabin that is close to your boys.

Yah I think I may have to do that...so if I have a deposit down for the spa cabin will I lose it if I ask to change to a inside gty? And they do their best to put us at least on the same deck correct, with the gty?

I'm not sure which ship you are on, the ship I just got off had great spa perks, but you do not have to be in a spa cabin to enjoy the perks. And just being in the spa cabin does not guarantee you will get those perks. Anybody on the ship can get the spa perks, and they only allow a certain number of people get the perks, so whichever way you go, you might check into signing up early. This is not the same on every ship.

Yah I think I may have to do that...so if I have a deposit down for the spa cabin will I lose it if I ask to change to a inside gty? And they do their best to put us at least on the same deck correct, with the gty?

You shouldn't lose your deposit. If you changed to the spa cabin with no problems you shouldn't have a problem with this change. You just need to make sure that the 2 bookings are linked. If you tell them that the teens will be in one room and you in the other they should link them to make sure your rooms are next door or very close together.