NCL CruiseTours has anyone ever tried it?

Hi

I have been researching trips to Europe for next year and found that NCL does Cruise tours which include 8 days on land then 7 days on a cruise. The price seems decent considering the excursions are included along with the 3 different hotels.

Has anyone ever tried this? I would love to know more about your experience

Hi

I have been researching trips to Europe for next year and found that NCL does Cruise tours which include 8 days on land then 7 days on a cruise. The price seems decent considering the excursions are included along with the 3 different hotels.

Has anyone ever tried this? I would love to know more about your experience

I am wondering about this too. I was looking at the cruise tour for Hawaii .

Bill

I actually priced out 7 nights in a hotel and 6 excursions along with travel from Venice to Rome and it's actually 500.00 cheaper if I go with NCL. I was hoping to find someone that has done this to find out about the hotel and paid excursions.

The tour I am looking at is 7 land day and 7 day cruise. It looks like this:

2 days in Venice

2 days in Florence

3 days in Rome

7 day cruise following

All land days have paid excursions to all the major sites.

When you thinking of doing the cruise tour for Hawaii? I am currently booked for July 22nd 2015.

We are not looking to go until June 2016 but since it will be our 30th anniversary we want to do it right so we need extra time to save.

The hotel alone looks like it would cost at least $1000 and i believe the price was $800+ pp for the cruise tour which included transportation as well as excursions.

Seemed like a good deal to me comparatively speaking.

Bill

We are not looking to go until June 2016 but since it will be our 30th anniversary we want to do it right so we need extra time to save.

The hotel alone looks like it would cost at least $1000 and i believe the price was $800+ pp for the cruise tour which included transportation as well as excursions.

Seemed like a good deal to me comparatively speaking.

Bill

Well I'm almost going a full year ahead of you. I can tell you that my total is $5,736.05 for my tour. That's for a studio ($4,058+233.68 tax; $2822.32 is the regular price), gratuities ($84 so they do charge the daily gratuity for the land based portion also), transfers ($20) and airfare ($1,340.40). I also am getting a $200 OBC. I had to put down a $250 deposit. I can cancel the entire thing up till 5/8/2015 with no penalties and get the full deposit back. I am planning on writing a full review of all aspects of the cruise tour when I return since I can't seem to find any threads or reviews on it that give details!

Well I'm almost going a full year ahead of you. I can tell you that my total is $5,736.05 for my tour. That's for a studio ($4,058+233.68 tax; $2822.32 is the regular price), gratuities ($84 so they do charge the daily gratuity for the land based portion also), transfers ($20) and airfare ($1,340.40). I also am getting a $200 OBC. I had to put down a $250 deposit. I can cancel the entire thing up till 5/8/2015 with no penalties and get the full deposit back. I am planning on writing a full review of all aspects of the cruise tour when I return since I can't seem to find any threads or reviews on it that give details!

OK I'll be watching for it next year. You are right, there is not much info out there about it.

Do you have to book your airfare through NCL if you do the cruise tour?

Bill

OK I'll be watching for it next year. You are right, there is not much info out there about it.

Do you have to book your airfare through NCL if you do the cruise tour?

Bill

No you don't have to book your airfare through NCL. However if you do it locks in the price of the airfare. There is also no penalty if you cancel before final payment date. Then just like the cruise fair the airfare penalty increases the closer to the departure date. Also note that I believe the $20 transfer is from the ship to the airport. The transfer when you arrive from the airport to the hotel is already included but you must give NCL the arriving flight info at least 10 days in advance. Also as of right now I do not know what airline I will be on or departure/ arrival times so I don't have a choice on that. I should have also mentioned that I am flying out of Kansas City in my previous post. If your flying out of a larger hub or a Pacific city the quote on the ncl.com might be lower.

No you don't have to book your airfare through NCL. However if you do it locks in the price of the airfare. There is also no penalty if you cancel before final payment date. Then just like the cruise fair the airfare penalty increases the closer to the departure date. Also note that I believe the $20 transfer is from the ship to the airport. The transfer when you arrive from the airport to the hotel is already included but you must give NCL the arriving flight info at least 10 days in advance. Also as of right now I do not know what airline I will be on or departure/ arrival times so I don't have a choice on that. I should have also mentioned that I am flying out of Kansas City in my previous post. If your flying out of a larger hub or a Pacific city the quote on the ncl.com might be lower.

thank you so much for all the info you have provided.

Im just hoping those prices come down a little. $1700-$1800 for an inside cabin for June 2016.:eek:

Bill

thank you so much for all the info you have provided.

Im just hoping those prices come down a little. $1700-$1800 for an inside cabin for June 2016.:eek:

Bill

Since we chose summer cruise dates I don't think they will. That won't keep me from price checking up to final payment date. Also won't keep me from asking my TA to inquire about a low cost upgrade if the ship isn't sold out close to the cruise date. I just started dating a girl a few weeks ago and we're getting along really well. Since they don't allow two people in a studio I might be forced to upgrade if I'm still dating her here in a year and will probably go up to a balcony.