Travel from ANC to Whittier - passenger van

stilley9

my family of 10 is traveling from Anchorage to Whittier, with a stop-off in Seward, so decided to rent cars at the airport and drop them off in Whittier.

has rented 2 full size cars from Avis - pick up at Anchorage airport and drop off at the spot next to the dock in Whittier. It's expensive at around $1,000 (2 cars for about 48 hours).

My aunt tells me this morning she's worried about the luggage situation and called an RV company (ABC Rentals), and that for just under $1,000 we can rent a 15 passenger van for all of us and they will pick it up in Whittier on Monday.

A couple questions for the experts:

1) Know anything about this company? I was under the impression that Avis was your only option going to Whittier, so I was surprised.

2) Given the choice, would you do the drive down Turnagain Arm and into Seward in 2 full-size cars or 1 big van? My concerns are possible carsickness and views of the scenery on the drive.

Thanks!

This is a long time, well established vendor. Flip a coin. Does your group want to be together or are you ok going in two groups? Car sickness, won't have any impact on your choice. Can happen in either vehicle. Scenery is going to be the same.

You are making a special arrangement, with the Whittier pick up. The only car rental continues to be Avis.

This is a long time, well established vendor. Flip a coin. Does your group want to be together or are you ok going in two groups? Car sickness, won't have any impact on your choice. Can happen in either vehicle. Scenery is going to be the same.

You are making a special arrangement, with the Whittier pick up. The only car rental continues to be Avis.

thanks - you are the BEST! :D