Athens Tour Guide Recommendation

Av8tor

Can anybody recommend a guide-lead private or semi-private tour of Athens from the Piraeus port?

The tour operators I've found on line all seem to want full payment at time of booking or 50% now and the remainder 2-weeks prior to the tour. I'm just not comfortable with that. I don't mind paying a deposit, say 50%, to "ensure" I won't just be a no show, but full payment in advance for a simple day-tour is hard for me to swallow. Am I being too unreasonable? I didn't have to pre-pay for my Istanbul and Ephesus guided tours...

I can recommend Frank Kotsiopoulos from Hellenic Private Tours

info@hellenicprivatetours.com

We just got back from 6 day Greece tour with him. He does Athens shore excursions as well.

It was an excellent tour. Frank was extremely professional, attentive, and knowledgeable. We had absolutely no logistical issues.

Just be aware that if you want somebody to accompany you inside the museums or Acropolis, you will have to hire a separate government-licensed guide, that's how it is in many countries in Europe.

Anna

PS. I have prior experience with shore excursions from our Disney Europe cruise.

Ended up booking with PK Travel for a shared tour with licensed guide. 6 to 16 passengers per Mercedes mini-bus, each mini-bus has it's own driver and a guide. 8 hour tour visits all the spots we wanted to see for 60 Euro per person. 50% deposit via PayPal and the remainder in cash on the tour. Good reviews on Trip Advisor...