Getaway Haven Two bedroom critic

MBprincess

I am sorry? I don't know what you mean by a sidelight?

I think my friends were in 16120, across the Haven from us. Their living room was definitely wider than ours. They thought we were crazy when we complained about 16720 being small until they saw our room.

A sidelight is an extra piece of non-opening window/glass- in this case, a clear pane that would sit next to the slider and make it appear wider, yet not move. I think there are some on the big , marked up Breakaway picture

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1xEg-XYy_Rrv0I7Jf53qlzYMFHwSk4UqiiN0_hgKD9ak/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000#slide=id.gd41c2940_00

Check out the pic above. You'll notice the balcony for 16722 is smaller than the rest, however, the bathroom size looks the same between the two. If you go backwards through these pics you'll see one of the entire side of the ship and can judge for yourself in regards to others.

Edited by tarps14

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1xEg-XYy_Rrv0I7Jf53qlzYMFHwSk4UqiiN0_hgKD9ak/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000#slide=id.gd41c2940_00

Check out the pic above. You'll notice the balcony for 16722 is smaller than the rest, however, the bathroom size looks the same between the two. If you go backwards through these pics you'll see one of the entire side of the ship and can judge for yourself in regards to others.

Thank you fir the link.

I have 16706 booked. Looking at what you sent does it look like 16708 is bigger? Any thoughts?

Still no reply from NCL

I wouldn't go by the breakaway photo, as we have already realized that the suites are not the same- 1672o has a tiny shower window on Getaway but a full length window on Breakaway

At worst, perhaps there are a few suites that have a more narrow living room

My concern would be the lack of a pull down in the second bedroom.

Ugh

I hope you hear back tomorrow, and can fill us in.

I would like to book my 2 bedroom on Getaway. I'd rather book the largest suite they have, if not, I'd prefer a regular 2 bedroom. Im trying to avoid the smallest 2 bedroom they have.

ALSO, deck 16 looks better than deck 15 to be on..... thoughts?????

Luv2cruzwithtwins:

When are you wishing to cruise" and how old are your children?

We have 2 15 year olds and a 13 year old

While part of me wants to be right on 16 near the action, the other part of me wants to be tucked away on 15 away from the action!!

The last time I had an issue I heard from NCL right away , but it was on a Tuesday.

I hope they respond tomorrow !

In all honesty, I am simply not seeing the difference in the shower window size. Having not been on the Getaway yet, I'll take your word for it. Also, others may want to keep in mind that while the pictures designated above are great for basic reference, the red lines are approximated and can be off a tad from the true lines of the cabins and balcony dividers. As well as, the window configurations vary from cabin to cabin. Some have two windows abutted on the balcony and a very slight space (maybe 10-12" at most) to the next window. The curtains across the windows also seem to be pulled to different degrees further throwing off the visual acuity of size.

Edited by tarps14

Thank you fir the link.

I have 16706 booked. Looking at what you sent does it look like 16708 is bigger? Any thoughts?

Can anyone please take a look for me and let me know your thoughts?

Thanks.

Email from my sister-in-law , Rebecca who returned from Getaway 3-4 weeks ago. Warning- she doesn't always mince words.

" What the hell is all the fuss? We had 16720- it was about 1.5 feet more narrow than Rachael's 16708, but it was the BEST location in the Haven. No doors slamming, no running kids, and NO NOISE from the courtyard or VIBE above. Steps to the restaurant. Several of the others in our group had humming from hot tubs and noise from exercise crap. Not us. Primo,primo location. Funny thing is we were asked to move to this suite before we boarded and received an extra OBC to do so. A family wanted adjoining suites, so we moved. Josh took the second bedroom by himself as usual. Don't know about a pull out sofa what with an only child. All the younger kiddos seemed to congregate on the other ends of both hallways. Our balcony was a teeeeeeeny bit bigger than Rachel's but they are all miniature. Small. Minute. Get over it. Enjoy the damned ship. She is gorgeous. The Haven is gorgeous. Don't get a massage unless you go to the spa.

As for the shower,I can't remember. It had a window. Who cares? Yup, NCL screwed us all over with false advertising. That is why G-d invented the UBP!! The suites are not as nice as the Pearl and the Jewels- blah colors but plenty of space. The half wall did annoy me, so we spent a lot of time on the sun deck. Have fun and tell those cruise critters to GROW UP like Joan said before she got the boot"

Anyway, for what it is worth, I e-mailed DH's nutty sister and she says the suite was only slightly less wide than the others. I myself am very disappointed that the balcony sliders in all the suites are only half the length of the wall, but at least I know that going in.

Having been in the jewel class as well, I knew from the videos that these suites seemed much more cramped- especially those ridiculous master bedrooms!!! But our options with triplettes are limited. We are going to have a great time even if we end up with a suite that is 2 feet more narrow .

To the OP- how much would you say the size of the living room affected your enjoyment of the suite? Now that I am trying to get over being totally p-offed over the balcony slider( that is really crappy, NCL, BTW!!!) Did you feel like your feet were up against the television when you sat on the sofa?

Thanks

My husband has emailed NCL and has received no reply. He sent a message to them on Sunday, and sent another yesterday to Mr Sheehan and again to social media. I guess that they do not care once you are already inside final payment.

We are not in 16720 , but had a few questions. I find it seriously crappy that NCL has not responded to DRNORA either.

Oh well.

Anyway, for what it is worth, I e-mailed DH's nutty sister and she says the suite was only slightly less wide than the others. I myself am very disappointed that the balcony sliders in all the suites are only half the length of the wall, but at least I know that going in.

Having been in the jewel class as well, I knew from the videos that these suites seemed much more cramped- especially those ridiculous master bedrooms!!! But our options with triplettes are limited. We are going to have a great time even if we end up with a suite that is 2 feet more narrow .

To the OP- how much would you say the size of the living room affected your enjoyment of the suite? Now that I am trying to get over being totally p-offed over the balcony slider( that is really crappy, NCL, BTW!!!) Did you feel like your feet were up against the television when you sat on the sofa?

Thanks

Thank you. I very much appreciate your posting your sil response :)

I am in 16706 so happy she mentioned that cabin number :)

Thanks.

From NCL:

The square footage of the H4 cabins is 495 square feet. Cabin 16112 is 495 square feet . Cabin 16720 is 495 square feet. Cabin 16108 is also 495 square feet. The balconies for the cabins are 48-50 square feet. I apologize for any inconvenience the delay in answering your request has caused you.

I was surprised that they referred to the suites as cabins, but whatever. No answer yet on the window size. Has anyone else heard anything? I am cutting this from my iPad - hope you can read it. I specifiaclly referenced Getaway, not BA, and asked about the 3 suites she mentions.

Nora

Edited by DrNora

The size of the suite versus the other ones on the getaway was not what I was commenting on. I didn't think it was any different from the others that hold six people. What I was trying to say was that the suites on the star and the pearl were larger. The size of room didn't effect our enjoyment except that we were always shifting furniture around to get four people around the table. What did bother us was the obstructed view. You couldn't sit in the living room and see the ocean. It felt like an inside cabin. For us the view is important especially for that price. The location was perfect. We had kids making noise in the hallway and every where in the haven so location on that wouldn't matter.

It doesn't make sense.

NCL is saying all cabins/suites are the same size, but passengers that sailed in them say otherwise. This is exactly why I always refer to Cruise Critic!!

If you find out any other Getaway 2 bedroom specs, please let me know. We want to book one for next year.

The size of the suite versus the other ones on the getaway was not what I was commenting on. I didn't think it was any different from the others that hold six people. What I was trying to say was that the suites on the star and the pearl were larger. The size of room didn't effect our enjoyment except that we were always shifting furniture around to get four people around the table. What did bother us was the obstructed view. You couldn't sit in the living room and see the ocean. It felt like an inside cabin. For us the view is important especially for that price. The location was perfect. We had kids making noise in the hallway and every where in the haven so location on that wouldn't matter.

It was a different poster who had been on Breakaway that commented that her 16720 on THAT ship was smaller than the other S4/h4s. Guess i just assumed that yours was smaller as well. oops!! The obstructed view thing REALLY is a bummer- I don't understand the engineering/design rationale behind taking away the view!! I am so glad that you warned us ahead of time- I can rant now and be over it. I loved the jewel class 2 BRs- except with 3 kids the table were STILL too small for us, so in -suite dining was

We all owe you a debt of gratitude and a glass of Cliqout for your posts. It was the first time we had heard anything about this view! Now that i look at videos that folks have on youtube, it is so obvious- that curtain is ALWAYS there!! But when you aren't looking for it...

thank you, MBPrincess!!!

Nora and Niles

• 1 month later...
We have this room booked in Oct. thinking about changing now..was the suite located close to the Haven Lounge door?

Aklee:

Couple of things. A colleague's sister had this suite, and chose it for a good reason. It is one of only two ( or three) on deck 16 that has a balcony that does not have an adjoining balcony. If you have any smoke sensitivity , you will appreciate this. It abuts the next door Bath big window. Most other suites are balcony next to balcony. Small as they are, they will be zero privacy if you and a neighbor were on it at the same time. These are pluses that she pointed out.

You would have to look at an outside diagram of the breakaway! which is pictured earlier in this thread to see what I mean. This suite was very private and very quiet.

All the 2 br. suites have a bizarre set up in the living room as to the view. None of them have a panoramic view- they are all " obstructed" by a wall or part of wall . There are always curtains in the pictures. My colleagues sis did not even notice the obstructed view until I showed her MBPrincess's posts.

The biggest issue we all were peeved about is that NCL led us to believe that behind those curtains is a huge wall of glass looking out on to the ocean- actually it is a skinny slider and , well, wall. Ugh!

If the OP does not come back on CC with an answer, I am cruising in a month on Getaway in the Haven and will check the location for you. I can't visualize where all the entrances and exits are from the pictures I have seen.

We have this room booked in Oct. thinking about changing now..was the suite located close to the Haven Lounge door?

Aklee- there is a great YouTube video by CC member steilkurve .

It shows suite 16706' and a very bright picture of the wall that MBprincess is talking about . There is also another thread where MBprincess posted a picture but it is a bit dark. You can find it by clicking on her name and finding her threads

Nora

• 2 weeks later...
Aklee- there is a great YouTube video by CC member steilkurve .

It shows suite 16706' and a very bright picture of the wall that MBprincess is talking about . There is also another thread where MBprincess posted a picture but it is a bit dark. You can find it by clicking on her name and finding her threads

Nora

Hi. Im in 16706. I did a search on youtube but cannot find it. If you have a moment may I ask if you can please post the link. Thank you very much!