RSVP Regal Princess Feb 8-15, 2015

Boytjie

OK, it's time to get the discussions going, it has been very quiet here.

Nothing too surprising on the party front. Although the Time Warp dance, and the Pink t-dance should be a hoot. The suggestions for name your own party were of a good mix. Bubble wrap, anyone?!?

Wish I would of still had my Cher wig and costume from a few years ago. Would of been perfect for the Diva's dance. Atlas its in a land fill somewhere, I think. Not sure what happened with the wig.

Did anyone catch the discussion about "D" deck on Facebook. Typically its the nude deck during the day, and at night...well its its own entity. I know the RSVP staff have patroled it from time to time, without much intervention that i know of. As someone said.. boyz will be boyz. 8-).

Nothing too surprising on the party front. Although the Time Warp dance, and the Pink t-dance should be a hoot. The suggestions for name your own party were of a good mix. Bubble wrap, anyone?!?

Wish I would of still had my Cher wig and costume from a few years ago. Would of been perfect for the Diva's dance. Atlas its in a land fill somewhere, I think. Not sure what happened with the wig.

The Diva's tea dance sounds like it will have good music but doesn't lend it too much towards outfits especially since there is already a disco themed party.

Then again, this year they had 440 Madonnas at a “It’s a Madge, Madge, Madge World” party on Fire Island. :)

The pajama party (one of the 5 to vote for) sounds like fun.

Edited by Boytjie

Where is the list of excursions? I went to the RSVP site, but there's nothing under ALREADY BOOKED.

It is sort of hidden in the text about shore excursions. Also, go to the specific cruise (Feb. 2015) page and click Already Booked - not the Already booked tab on the home page. Also, I will try and attach a link to it below:

http://www.rsvpvacations.com/pdf/RSVP%2030th%20Anniversary%20Caribbean%20Cruise%20-%20Regal%20Princess%20Shore%20Excursion%20Preview.pdf

Then again, this year they had 440 Madonnas at a “It’s a Madge, Madge, Madge World” party on Fire Island. :)

THAT sounds like a Blonde Ambition TOUR! What a hoot, and what a fun theme party. Yes, the Diva party is a little tricky, for what to do with a costume....

I thought the bubble wrap party would be fun/creative.

I just received the email with our Princess booking number!

So we can register online with Princess and vote for the cruisers' choice theme party.

Yea! Maybe this will bring this thread to life a little more. I do know the 2-3 FB RSVP pages I belong to have been getting a little more traffic lately. Maybe the same will happen here.

Yea! Maybe this will bring this thread to life a little more. I do know the 2-3 FB RSVP pages I belong to have been getting a little more traffic lately. Maybe the same will happen here.

It should.

After hearing about complaints about Princess on the Atlantis Mexico cruise I signed up on the Atlantis Facebook page for the Feb 1-8 cruise; boy is that an active page! Then again, they are a very different crowd. OMG they are are all about dieting and working out pre-cruise. :eek:

I also saw post about them not too happy that we have our party themes already and they are still waiting. :D

There is a free iphone app available in the App Store, just search for "RSVP Vacations". It has helpful information like the deck plans, itinerary, entertainers and party themes and schedules.

If you downloaded it for previous cruises you don't have to get the app again, just open it and it will update with the new info.

I also saw post about them not too happy that we have our party themes already and they are still waiting. :D

I hear the same thing about the booking numbers not being given out for the Atlantis cruise as well.

This is normal for Atlantis, be lucky to get the information prior to 30 days of sailing. At the end of the day Atlantis puts on a hell of a show but the pre-cruise planning phase and information sharing sucks. I was pleasantly surprised last year on my first RSVP with how awesome the information sharing is with RSVP along with the very active social media engagement from Randal and the rest of the team.

Is it February yet?:D

Hi, everyone! Getting very excited to be on this cruise. This will be our 2nd with RSVP. We attended last year, and it was the first gay cruise we had been on (and Marc's first cruise ever). We had such a blast!! How are we able to receive an invitation to the RSVP invite only page? Thanks!! We would love to share some great photos.

Hi, everyone! Getting very excited to be on this cruise. This will be our 2nd with RSVP. We attended last year, and it was the first gay cruise we had been on (and Marc's first cruise ever). We had such a blast!! How are we able to receive an invitation to the RSVP invite only page? Thanks!! We would love to share some great photos.

Are you talking about one of the Facebook pages? I know there are at least 3 RSVP Facebook pages (that I belong too). Here is one of the RSVP Facebook public group pages:

https://www.********************/321513478026320/

Let me know more specific what webpage you are looking for and maybe I can help. Also, there is this:

http://www.gaycruisepictures.com/

That is a page to post pictures - and is not really a message board sort of page. hope this helps.

Mister White

well, it will not post the facebook page link *sigh*

Edited by Mister White
clarification

this is the official Alumni site: http://rsvpcruisers.com/ if you don't have access send an email to Randal and he will get you set up randle@rsvpvacations.com

Well, since someone mentioned it...

What is it?

It is a chance for the people that are Cruise Critic members to meet each other in real life, to meet the new people and reconnect with the old timers.

What happens there?

We hang out for an hour or so the first day at sea to get to know each other - or catch up after a year (or more) apart.

I arrange with RSVP to have a time and location to meet and they arrange it with Princess. There may be some cruise staff in attendance and there are always RSVP staff there to meet us. There may be some refreshments provided - it can be anything from coffee and cookies to cocktails - it all depends on what ship wants to provide.

I will print up name tags for everyone that RSVPed and have blank ones for those that decide last minute to attend.

When and where will it take place?

It is usually around Noon on the first sea day so that it does not clash with the many other activities on the ship. Since we will be at Princess Cay the first day of the cruise, the meet and greet would most likely happen on Tuesday - I will check with Rachel at RSVP.

What do I need from you?

An email at boytjieny at yahoo dot com providing me with you Cruise Critic id, names of the people that will attend and your cabin number(s). (The cabin numbers are helpful in case the location changes at the last minute.

The information is only used to be able to contact you with updates and is not shared with anyone; sometimes the cruise lines ask for a list of attendees in case they wanted to follow-up the meet-and-greet with something else but that rarely happens.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Edited by Boytjie

Hey Guys,

So excited to join the group as this will be my first RSVP and first cruise with this particular cruise line. I am anxious to hear from the more experienced RSVP folks as to what I should be on the look out for.

Will their be a cruise critics meet and greet as well. If so I certainly would like to be included. So now I'm off to reading all the previous post related to this cruise and I guess waiting to find out what the themed parties will be so I can get ready for them also.

:D

Hey Guys,

So excited to join the group as this will be my first RSVP and first cruise with this particular cruise line. I am anxious to hear from the more experienced RSVP folks as to what I should be on the look out for.

Will their be a cruise critics meet and greet as well. If so I certainly would like to be included. So now I'm off to reading all the previous post related to this cruise and I guess waiting to find out what the themed parties will be so I can get ready for them also.

:D

Welcome!

Two messages back you will get the info regarding the meet-and-greet.

The party themes have all been announced (except the one we are voting on from the top 5 cruisers suggested themes). If you go to the RSVP website and go to our cruise and click on "Already Booked", you can download the Vacation Guide that has all the party themes, entertainers and other information about the cruise.

There may be some stuff already posted here that may answer some of your questions, but if not, ask away: someone is bound to have an answer (or opinion!)

Edited by Boytjie

There is a free iphone app available in the App Store, just search for "RSVP Vacations". It has helpful information like the deck plans, itinerary, entertainers and party themes and schedules.

If you downloaded it for previous cruises you don't have to get the app again, just open it and it will update with the new info.

Is the app only for iPhones? Can't find it on Android.