"sale from Fl" Price drop?

The Sail from Florida and Save sale only applies to residents of certain states:

Offer is available to CALIFORNIA, ILLINOIS, NORTH CAROLINA, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO and PENNSYLVANIA residents only and proof of residency is required, in order to qualify.

Has anyone seen a price drop out of Jax for August. I'm thinking that the ES was so low that it won't go lower but I'm paranoid about not checking. Any insights/advice about late August would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on Early Saver and called Carnival Friday for a price drop to the 123 days of summer rate (not much of a price drop, but changed from interior to ocean view, which was worth it!). Question - now it looks like the Sail from Florida rate is lower (I live in GA). Can I call again to see if I can switch? Sorry for the newbie question - am a newbie! We are sailing on Saturday out of Jax on the Fascination for a 5 day. Thanks for the info.

I called about the Sail from Florida rate and was told they "couldn't find it" and that it must be an online only promotion, meaning that they could not change me to it. I would have to cancel my booking (originally Early Saver - price dropped last week to 123 days of summer) with penalty and book online for the Sail from Florida rate. Did this person know what she was talking about, or should I try calling later or tomorrow in hopes of getting another person on the phone?

I called about the Sail from Florida rate and was told they "couldn't find it" and that it must be an online only promotion, meaning that they could not change me to it. I would have to cancel my booking (originally Early Saver - price dropped last week to 123 days of summer) with penalty and book online for the Sail from Florida rate. Did this person know what she was talking about, or should I try calling later or tomorrow in hopes of getting another person on the phone?

Call back.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I just checked out this rate. It is *not* available to Illinois residents. It *is* available to Georgia residents.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It must depend on the sailing. For June 21st Breeze, it shows up for Illinois residents if you select Illinois in the Fareviewer, and it isn't clear whether it applies to Georgia residents if you select Georgia. But if you select Illinois, it specifically says:

Disclaimers:

Offer is available to CALIFORNIA, ILLINOIS, NORTH CAROLINA, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO and PENNSYLVANIA residents only and proof of residency is required, in order to qualify.

yet if you select Georgia it says:

Disclaimers:

Offer available to select states residents only. Proof of residency required.

and doesn't specify that it is available for Georgia residents. I don't care enough to research further, since I live in California, but those of you who live in those states should do so :)

I do live in Georgia and the rate is available to us - because I was able to take advantage of it:)

Woohoo! Don't you love this deal?

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk