Cruise to Hawaii or fly to islands

EECO500

My husband and I are starting to plan a cruise either to Hawaii or fly there and do a couple of the islands for our 40th anniversary next year. We would appreciate any comments to help us choose which is best and best time of year to go to Hawaii. Having done several cruises we know we love to cruise but just not sure if we would get bored for that many days at sea on the cruise over and back. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks! EECO500

My wife and I love cruising !!! However, we flew there in Dec and did a three island stint over 12 days !!! OMG.... I didnt want to come home, and that is why we decided to go and stay vs cruise it. We knew we would want to stay longer than the ship allowed. Yes its more money... but SOOOO worth it. We did the Big Island and did a helicopter tour and then Oahu and did all the tourist stops there too and then off to Maui. All I can say is WOW... we are already planning a trip back, but still have a few cruises in before that, but I highly recommend going and staying !! AWESOME

My dh and I were also trying to figure out what to do with our first trip to Hawaii to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. As I looked at all the Islands and what we would enjoy I quickly realized that it would require quite a bit of flying/packing/unpacking etc. not my fav thing to do and would eat up a lot of time. So we ended up deciding to fly into Maui and spend a week at a timeshare then fly over to Honolulu and take the Pride of America cruise for our second week - arrive back in Honolulu take the tour of Pearl Harbor and fly out at 10 pm that night home. I am looking forward to the trip (We will be there Aug/Sept. 2014). Good luck with your planning!!