Price drop question

xowendyxo

Do cabins of your category have to be available to receive a price drop? I thought I had read somewhere that this is the case.

I have booked a premium vista balcony on the Valor for March 2015. Of course, there aren't any left so I was just wondering if I should bother keeping my eye out for a deal, or just relax. My last cruise I received over $600 in price matches...it was like winning the lotto every time I caught a price drop :D

Do cabins of your category have to be available to receive a price drop? I thought I had read somewhere that this is the case.

I have booked a premium vista balcony on the Valor for March 2015. Of course, there aren't any left so I was just wondering if I should bother keeping my eye out for a deal, or just relax. My last cruise I received over $600 in price matches...it was like winning the lotto every time I caught a price drop :D

My spa OV cat has been sold out from a few days after I booked last summer. I still check frequently. You never know when someone may cancel or move to a higher cat.

You can only get OBC on a lateral match (same cat w/ same occupancy option). If a higher cat drops lower you can switch to the higher.

You can always try. According to the rules, there must be availability in your category. But some people have gotten Carnival to break their rules. I tried, as we were in a 3-person porthole room, which there was only 2 of. The category above ours (a basic interior) was over $200 less. We tried, and they said no. They told us that we'd have to "upgrade" to get that lower price. We stayed put, until the OVs dropped to our price.

If you send in the Early Saver form, trying to match prices with a higher category, they have been known to move people into that higher category without your permission. They didn't do it to us, but you should be prepared for that possibility, and you need to be okay with the possibility of the unwanted "upgrade" if you send in the form.