Gluten Free menu?

Colby Thor

I saw the other post about gluten free (article or something), but i am wondering if anyone knows which ship or cruise line offers the best gluten free items?

RCCL - Other than noting on the MDR menus which items are gluten free RCCL really doesn't have a specific menu. When booking you should have it noted in your reservation and contact the special needs dept. Most people go and speak directly with Matre'D upon boarding to as to the options available and you should do the same when making Specialty Restaurant reservations. In the Windjammer ( Buffet ) you'll again have to speak to the Matre'D as Gluten free items are not marked. Overall I've heard RCCL is very accommodating.

Suggest you do a "gluten" search on this forum as well as the RCCL forum.

I have no idea who has the best options. My mom has several food allergies and is Gluten Free too. December 2013 we were on a cruise with HAL and I saw somebody who was obviously GF. I asked her if I could bother her for a bit with some questions. She graciously accepted.

She said the items she got that were GF were very nice, that for the buffet somebody would come and talk to her and that overall her experience was very positive.

We are going to sail HAL in July with my mom. I received a form with numerous types of items (pasta, waffles, brownies, cookies, bread, pizza etc) to fill in what she would want on our 7 day cruise. She could choose 21 items daily I think. In any case, quite a lot. We are not going to do buffet, as we think it would contaminate too easily and her allergies are fierce. Maybe only the first 48 hours as then the staff will serve you. She will receive the menu in the MDR a day in advance so she can select what she wants and they will make sure it's GF and safe for her to eat.

I'll update you how it went if you want to know.

cruise_bunnies

Edited by cruise_bunnies