Photoshop Photo Album

theump

Trying to use photoshop create for making a photo album of one of our cruises. Lot of pictures working with and made one book with no problems. but now trying to make volume 2, upload pics and can work on them but when I go to save it starts then says cannot save to many files open. not sure why it work the first time now will not.

Any ideas?

The Ump

John

Trying to use photoshop create for making a photo album of one of our cruises. Lot of pictures working with and made one book with no problems. but now trying to make volume 2, upload pics and can work on them but when I go to save it starts then says cannot save to many files open. not sure why it work the first time now will not.

Any ideas?

The Ump

John

Operating system? Windows XP, 7, 8? Mac?

Photoshop full version (CS4, CS5, etc.)? Elements? Creative Cloud?

Dave

I wonder if it could be something to do with your RAM? Not on this computer, but on the one I used prior to this, I found that if I had too many photos open at once in windows photo viewer the computer could run very slow or freeze. I managed to solve the problem by right clicking on the "picture frame" icon and closing all. Don't know if this might help! :)

A little research turned up a little info.

Windows 7 doesn't have a practical limit on the number of files you can have open. It is likely a limit of available RAM as was suggested above. I don't know how many images are in your album but you may be hitting the upper limit of Photoshop Elements available RAM setting. Images are much larger when loaded into memory that they are on disk.

In Elements, go to Edit > Preferences > Performance and look at the value under Memory usage. Set the value as high as you can if you have 64-bit windows and have over 4GB installed (Elements is 32-bit and can only see a max of 3.5GB). If you have 32-bit windows and only have the max 4GB of RAM, don't set it to more than 3000MB (3GB) since that will leave little for your operating system to use and may seriously impact performance or even lock you up.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Edited by pierces

Thanks,

Will check it out but is funny that was able to create a couple photo albums with same number of pictures and save them. So went back to create the next part with same number of pictures. It loads them and lets me make changes till I go to save the project. It is saving them as PSE so wonder if there is a limit to what you can save. I also have been searching sites and do not find exactly the same problem.

The Ump

John