Gloria and Melba from USA where for art thou??

rula40

Gloria and Melba were two sisters we met on our first cruise which was a Mexican Riviera trip on the Legend of the Seas 5 years ago.

Gloria and Melba were both widows and were traveling with their friend Marlene who we later found out sadly passed away a short time after our return.

These three ladies from the US were absolutely delightful and we have very fond memories of them and their unique sense of humor.

We met every day at dinner as we shared a table for 8 and it was something to look forward to every evening knowing that we would enjoy their company and listen to their life experiences not to mention their individual dress sense which never ceased to amaze us I think they were the first bling blingers I ever met.

I remember our first meeting at dinner, Gloria wanted everyone to introduce themselves, I being a police officer decided for some strange reason to introduce myself as a gynecologist, I realized immediately that I had possibly made a mistake when Gloria said in a loud voice “He is a doctor that’s handy” I looked around the dining hall and saw that a vast majority of other diners who belonged to the more mature group of passengers were already considering making an appointment. My wife immediately put the record straight before any further embarrassment was caused. We all had a good laugh and the light hearted atmosphere continued for the rest of the cruise.

We kept in touch via email for some time after we returned to the UK, but due to numerous viruses on the net we lost touch.

I know they were regular cruisers and I feel sure there must be someone out there who knows of them. It would be great to catch up with them or even just to know that they are still enjoying life to the full

Archived