New Year's Eve in Waikiki

penorment

My entire family is taking the POAM Christmas cruise to celebrate my parent's 50th anniversary. There are 16 of us including children. We will be getting off the ship on New Year's Eve and I am trying to book one last gathering for our group before we scatter around the country once more. I have gotten so many good ideas from this board; I am hoping for some suggestions for our finale. We will probably be exhausted but I would still like to plan something more than "What do you want to do? I don't know what do you want to do?" The youngest cruiser is 2 and the oldest is 76...they might both be sleeping!

We are staying at the Royal Hawaiin. I ahve also thought about maybe trying to have a group photo shot on the beach on Waikiki. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to book this? Thanks in advance for all your help.

New Years Eve (like every other place in the country) tends to be very crowded in the restaurants and bars of New Years Eve, especially near midnight. It's too early for the specials to be announced at this time - you may need to wait a little longer before you're able to make plans. If you're staying at the Royal Hawaiian, you may want to talk to their concierge and see if they have any bright ideas on what else a group as diverse as yours might want to do. The group photo shot certainly could be arranged by them as well (or you could do the old standby of getting everybody on the beach and snagging some unlucky passerby to take the photo for you) ;)

Spleen

Thanks so much for your reply. I thought of using the concierge and will do so but thought someone just might have a brilliant idea I could claim as my own. I like the idea of having a passerby take the shots with our own cameras because I was wondering what it would take to have the finished photos shipped to Boston if we used a professional though I am sure the photos would be much better with the pro. We will probabaly not have a late night so we will avoid amny of the crowds. At 6pm it is midnight in Boston so we can celebrate then!

Hi Betty, I am really looking forward to this Christmas cruise. I am trying to do the planning for my extended family so I am looking for info so I don't have to just wing it like I would do if it was just me. Is there a roll call yet for our trip?

Archived