Another cave tubing Q

Oregonian

I've read several of the posts about cave tubing in Belize, and I do understand that nowadays we can sign on with an operator whose tubes have headrests, bottoms and hook to each other ... plus we can choose an operator who carries the tubes to the drop off point for us. One of our foursome cannot swim and is also leary of being in the dark in the caves. Should either of these be a serious concern? Do people wear lifevests?

With cavetubing.bz they carried the tubes almost the entire way for us. We had to carry them about 5 minutes. We had two more "seasoned" people in the group who were slightly slowed by walking with the tubes so our guide carries theirs.

Everyone we saw was wearing life vests and had helmets with lights on them. All tour groups use the same caves. I do suggest walking shoes. Husband and I both wore lake shoes. The walk down is slightly uneven (small river rocks all the way) and so our feet were slightly sore at the end.

This was one of our best parts of the cruise. I would recommend .bz to anyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have been researching the boards regarding cave tubing....one post showed a pic where the person was leaning back off of a pier and a guide was standing in the water waiting for her to drop down backwards into the tube. It looked like quite a distance from the pier/dock down to the water level?? Do you have any info on how they put you into the tubes?? Falling back off a pier/dock trusting someone to catch you into a tube sounds a little scary to me??