Caribe Hilton vs Doubletree

usermom

I can't speak for Doubletree but we stayed at the Caribe Hilton post cruise and the hotel is awesome. Pay the upgrade for the ocean view. The property is huge. They have a giant pool. Their beach is small but clean. They have a pier you can walk out on and see the fish around the coral. We already decided to stay there next time go to PR. And of course the rooms are good with a nice big comfy bed. Numerous restaurants on site if you don't want to leave the property.

Would love to hear your recommendations on which hotel we should choose. We are using Hilton honors points so we have narrowed it down to these two.

I would say Caribe Hilton.... never having stayed at the Doubletree, but we have stayed at Caribe Hilton 3 of the 4 times we have been in San Juan. In fact if you want to take a few minutes to look at my 2010 Victory (stayed pre-cruise), and 2012 Victory (Stayed post -cruise) reviews you can see pictures of the property. It is a great place.

We usually stay at the Caribe when we are there. I wouldnt waste the money for the ocean view as the balconys are so small and it is a great place to go out and sit on the walkway, or lay in a hammock on the beach